[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bring Back Occult Cubes

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I feel we can get some extra cubes for people who kill bosses on a daily basis. They are tradable, don't expire and drop in bunches from bosses. Best of all, the rank down was removed!

https://orangemushroom.net/2015/09/02/kmst-ver-1-2-019-more-job-balancing/

Comments

• ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2016
    This was brought up on the old forums a few times, it's definitely something I'd like to see readded to the game now that the tier down chance is gone.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Only if it doesn't come at the cost of having the drop rate of Master Craftsman and Meister's cubes being nerfed to KMS rates.
    gamechanger
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Only if it doesn't come at the cost of having the drop rate of Master Craftsman and Meister's cubes being nerfed to KMS rates.
    I dont think meisters or masters drop in Kms. ive only seen occult cubes drop. they drop like 5 in hard hilla

• NotebyNoteby
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016

Occult cubes are really efficient. It is easy to get it, and you can make 9% items
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Noteby
    Noteby said:

Occult cubes are really efficient. It is easy to get it, and you can make 9% items
    why are occults needed when we have it better with mastercraftsmen and meister cube drops?

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

Noteby
    Noteby said:

why are occults needed when we have it better with mastercraftsmen and meister cube drops?

they don't expire and they fit nicely in stacks. Not to mention, more cubes per boss kill. CRA will be spitting out like 7 cubes per boss. they are tradeable as well

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Daxterbeer

they don't expire and they fit nicely in stacks. Not to mention, more cubes per boss kill. CRA will be spitting out like 7 cubes per boss. they are tradeable as well

i doubt they will be tradable if implemented outside of that one event where we got occult cubes.

as for "getting 7 per boss" that entirely depends on GMS not just copy pasting the cube drop rates from KMS (which are abysmal especially for the better cubes) and not making the drop rates of other cubes terrible which I dont have much faith in.

also if you want to get something to epic, just do the Far East questline and get some free 50% epic pot scrolls daily
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

Noteby
    Noteby said:

Assuming we get the same drop rates as KMS, the occult cubes are just far more plentiful. More cubes always means it is easier to get better lines. And even though they are limited to Epic, getting a good set of epic potentials on all of your gear helps a lot more than having 1 or 2 decent unique lines, if that, that you would get from throwing all of the almost non existent master/meister cube drops from bosses at your gear.
  • NovaDragonNovaDragon
    Reactions: 755
    edited October 2016
    If these cubes dropped in bunches, there would be a lot fore epic gear. 5 cubes from my a boss is absurd (in a good way.)

Cubes are usually for the players spending nx, or saved up from RP or does a lot of bossing. I want these cubes to be more common.