[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else think this was a bad anime event?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited May 2017 in General Chat
Like it's just some really disappointing kill quests and it's mostly reboot and cash shop focused. Like WTH nexon? The Madoka or Hatsune Miku events would have been a better choice.
  1. Is the Re:Zero crossover terrible?38 votes
    1. *sigh* Yes...
       82% (31 votes)
    2. No? The CS stuff is great!
       18% (7 votes)

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    The attendance event for Re:Zero is a disaster itself. The rewards for it are not worth mentioning if you're looking for something to increase your stats. It may give some honor, mesos, exp coupons or a buff but that's very minor for events.

I find it sad that the character creation event is limited to Reboot world. There are some people in non-Reboot worlds that would have wanted it as well but that requires a tweaking in rewards.

The Cash Shop is a major cash grab. The majority of items obtained in Re:Zero Random Boxes or Surprise Style Boxes are in fact not Re:Zero items. Many people have stated that the rates are low and not worth the cost. Many have argued that the boxes should only contain Re:Zero items, have their rates higher, or sold separately. The Royal hair with 3 Re:Zero hairs with 3 other hairs is also a disappointment due to above said.

I honestly believe that this crossover was poorly executed and something like this shouldn't happen again.
    WillowRosenbergEvora
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    For a crossover that had sooooooooooo much potential to be amazing... I'm disappointed.

It's basically a glorified yet so incredibly bugged attendance quest where you die for no apparent reason (Yes I was avoiding all the areas that needed to be avoided)
    Also CS boxes are to be desired too...
    WillowRosenberg
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    Most events are just epots and master cubes for early game, with very little made for endgame
    How this one manages to be even worse than that is highly questionable
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited May 2017
    Honestly, I like the new titles, chairs and permanent NX clothes with this Re:ZERO crossover. But, previous crossovers were better. My favorite one will remain the crossover with Attack of Titans. Mini games were fun and the Cash Shop equipment was more accessible for players.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited May 2017
    I accidentally voted for the second option, whoops.

I'm disappointed. Attendances sucks, have to pay $ to get the new best medal, very slim chance to get it even if you do pay $, and why didn't they include some nice rings? A good high level ring maybe idk. It just feels so bland.
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited May 2017
    i liked the SAO event more

the AOT event had those grapples which were really annoying
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited May 2017
    sao event is better :) this one is a disaster cause everything is well... not fun.
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    The event does feel rather lazy with 3 of the events being kill 100 of x on repurposed maps. It would have been fine if the fighting made sense in tie ins with the show (Fight 100 mabeasts, fight the White Whale, etc).

As is it does feel like to get the most, you have to buy the Re:Zero boxes which is dumb and even then the boxes (as stated multiple times in multiple threads) mostly carry garbage or things none Re:Zero related.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Yes awful I don't even understand how I've died ... I've been doing it on 3 worlds it just seems random?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    Yes awful I don't even understand how I've died ... I've been doing it on 3 worlds it just seems random?

Here, I'll explain the two reasons why you may have died.

There are only 2 paths that you can take so you don't die at the end of Day 4:
    Path 1
    • Preparation of Meal
    • Bathroom Cleaning
    • Organization of Books
    • Shopping
    • Search for Insignia

Path 2
    • Shopping
    • Bathroom Cleaning
    • Organization of Books
    • Preparation of Meal
    • Search for Insignia
    ---

In each quest there are death flags.

There are Death Flags for touching maps objects.
    Preparation of Meal: Avoid weapon rack on right side.
    2016-10-30_214637.png

Bathroom Cleaning: Avoid faucets on right side.
    2016-10-30_203200.png

Organization of Books: Avoid piles of books stacked up to 3. The easiest way to finish the quest though it probably just staying in the portals in the middle of the map and using AOE skills.
    100e30d34dde5bdcef91e33a74eafae6.jpg

Other missions have death flags based on your decision. Here's how to avoid them.
    Shopping: Lith Harbor > Henesys > Perion > Ellinia > Kerning City. The importance is that you grocery shop in Kerning City last.

Search for Insignia: After finding the Insignia, during the conversation with Emilia choose the good-guy answer, "Set aside your business and help".

Source: r/MapleStory : We Should Make A Re:Zero Quest Guide.
    beaniebabydeb
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    :T this event was a bust. I came back hoping for some new set boxes...but why would anyone ever do that...(I am under a sworn oath to not buy RNG boxes ever again, set boxes would actually...GET MY MONEY) once again...I slip into retirement mode until Beyond.
  • WillowRosenbergWillowRosenberg
    Reactions: 520
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, this event is a complete waste of time. Hyped to holy heck and was embarrassingly disappointing in a spectacular fashion that only Nexon can fail in.

After the second day I completely lost interest. I got 9 honor exp and 50 spell traces for my trouble. No thanks.
    Evora
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Waste of time. There's more non-Re:Zero items than there are Re:Zero items in the boxes. I don't know how you can even call this a Re:Zero event when there's 50-100 non-Re:Zero items in every box. People spent time watching the ENTIRE anime only for them to ruin this event for us.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, I've passed it along.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited May 2017
    All Re:Zero related stuff are in cash shop, and in random boxes&coupons..(with not related junk)

So yea..horrible..

at least put some of stuff(event related) in-game quests, like hair style coupons.. will that hurt you so much doing so? why free 2 play players can't enjoy and get related stuff from this event? i'm sure you guys (Nexon) doing fine with the financial reports.. marvel was like few weeks ago.

"Enjoy Themed Events From The Popular Anime! PLAY NOW FOR FREE!"
    Advertised in your launcher.. Its a lie and misleading.
    BDanBahamut_XGargula