[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blank Error Message

phlankphlank
Reactions: 100
edited May 2017 in Tech Support
Hi, whenever I click play on the nexon launcher i get a blank error message (Screenshotted below). I was playing this morning and havent restarted or shut down my comp at all. It happens on both my desktop and laptop so I don't think it's a comp issue. It's not an IP ban or anything because i tried both computers on a different connection and still get the same blank error message. A friend of mine was able to log into my account and character just fine with no issues as well. I've tried clearing temp files and restarting as well as everything in the MS FAQ like deleting some specific files withing the nexon/MS folders. I also cleared all nexon, nexon launcher, and MS folders from my computer and redownloaded everything and still get the same issue. Anyone else experiencing this or know what a solution is cause I've worked through all my ideas at this point.

https://gyazo.com/1ce865e9478ec5da24146702af68c745 ( <--- Error Message)

Comments

• PhoenixxWrightPhoenixxWright
    edited May 2017
    I am also having the same problem! Happened to me last night out of nowhere. I've tried completely uninstalling maplestory AND the nexon launcher, then reinstalled both... but that did nothing. I had sent a ticket and got this reply...

"Thank you for contacting Nexon America’s Customer Support.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Nexon launcher. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I will try to help you get back into the game as soon as possible.
    The following is a list of solutions for the most common issues our players experience (These guidelines can be found in our Nexon Technical Support Help Center).

Performance Issues:

Recommended Specifications – Please verify that you are playing our game at the minimum stated requirements.
    Video issues – Graphical or slow down issues often are accompanied by out of date video drivers.
    Repair the Nexon Launcher – At times, it will be necessary to update the Nexon Launcher to achieve optimal performance and avoid issues.
    Clean Boot – Some programs may be affecting the game performance. This might not be a solution but it is a good troubleshooting step to make sure a program is not the cause of the problem.

Connection Issues:

Release/renew IP and Flush DNS – This will grant you a new connection after clearing all cache information.
    Better Wired than Wireless – Depending on where your router is located, it is always better a wired connection than a Wireless connection.
    If these solutions did not solve your issue, please send us a DxDiag in order to further troubleshoot your issue.
    Few more items that will help us better determine your problem would be a process list, a Netalyzer and a traceroute.

Please take note that if we do not receive any logs, or the suggestions recommended are not followed, we will be unable to keep troubleshooting your issue.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Security Tip: Please do not give your password, PIN, or PIC number to anyone for any reason. Nexon America representatives will NEVER ask you for your password, PIN, or PIC."

I am currently in the middle of trying these suggested solutions...
  • FrostboltFrostbolt
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Thanks. The game works now.
    (Just missed a discount coupon because I couldn't log in the night as well ;_;)
  • SimplezSSimplezS
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    So as of last night my game stopped working, after I log in on launcher and press play it loads a blank box then closes the game. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game 3 times now and restarted my computer but with no success does anyone now of a way to fix this issue. http://prntscr.com/f8p3x6 that is what the issue looks like
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited May 2017
    I moved your thread in the Tech Support category. I will see if I can provide help.
  • SimplezSSimplezS
    edited May 2017
    Slatymate wrote: »
    I moved your thread in the Tech Support category. I will see if I can provide help.

Thank you
  • LowkyeLowkye
    edited May 2017
    I also have the same problem! Maplestory was working fine until the Re:ZERO update. Hopefully someone can find a solution :c
  • LowkyeLowkye
    edited May 2017
    Lowkye wrote: »
    I also have the same problem! Maplestory was working fine until the Re:ZERO update. Hopefully someone can find a solution :c

I just got maplestory to work but I dont know if its a permanent fix. I uninstalled and reinstalled both maplestory and the nexon launcher but when i reinstalled Maple, I chose to install it in the "Program Files (x86)" instead of the default folder. Hopefully this helps someone :)
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited May 2017
    I can confirm many people got this issue fixed by reinstalling the game into a different folder than the default one (choose something else than C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory).
  • SimplezSSimplezS
    edited May 2017
    I can confirm many people got this issue fixed by reinstalling the game into a different folder than the default one (choose something else than C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory).

I did that but it only fixed it for a few days then the error came back not sure why :/
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    SimplezS wrote: »

I did that but it only fixed it for a few days then the error came back not sure why :/

Try putting it in a flashdrive. 32 gb are like 10 dollars
  • BananasYepBananasYep
    edited May 2017
    Yeah this is sort of out of hand. I've had this issue regardless of what hard drive I install it on, even with an entirely fresh install. :|
  • XaecXaec
    Reactions: 780
    edited May 2017
    What did you do? i tried repairing but i don;t know what flushin DNS is or those other things. Please help me
    edited May 2017
    Xaec wrote: »
    What did you do? i tried repairing but i don;t know what flushin DNS is or those other things. Please help me

Try repairing installation. click on settings or the little gear icon
  • 2Short2Post2Short2Post
    Reactions: 640
    edited May 2017

Does not work
    edited May 2017

Does not work

Mine fixed after the recent maintenance.
  • BurningEthosBurningEthos
    Reactions: 245
    edited May 2017
    I'm still getting the blank error message and unable to play Maplestory, I've done all of the above that was recommended.

The strange thing is I was playing 2 days ago just fine and since then there hasn't been any updates etc. that would normally cause a problem like this.
  • BurningEthosBurningEthos
    Reactions: 245
    edited June 2017
    This error message remains a problem for me, I haven't been able to play Maplestory for 3 weeks now.

Can anyone help?
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2017
    Ran into this problem today, fixed it by renaming the game folder to "Nexon Games 2" and making sure the launcher was pointed at the "new" location. Launcher and Games folder were already on a separate storage device from my OS (my :E drive).
  • RoozOpinionRoozOpinion
    Reactions: 410
    edited July 2017
    Is anyone else getting this know what the heck it means? Heres how it goes.
    I load up nx launcher.
    I click on PLAY
    White box shows up and it doesn't have any text whatsoever.
    It only has a button that says OK.
    Pushing it closes the Application.
    HELP!
  • LuzLuz
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited July 2017
    I'm having the same exact problem :/ I noticed of this today. Yesterday everything was fine.
    Lizardnix