[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Glimmering Heart? more like heart break.

thatplantthatplant
Reactions: 765
edited May 2017 in Rants and Raves
I'm still on B1, (1AM last night - now).
Haven't left the room because I knew it'd warp me back to B4.
Took time to relax in between because this is testing my sanity, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna miss my dailies.
Then I come back to realize there's a maintenance soon? I should've known... after every new event there's a maintenance and I should've saved my time and energy until afterwards. I know my butt is gonna get warped all the way back to B4 now. I don't mind doing B4-B2, but B1 is extremely difficult. I'm just disappointed nothing is being changed about this because I truly love to participate in events. I'd just love to participate without having to overly stress about this. I'm always trying to keep up to date about upcoming events and such. I was excited about this event, but now, not so much.
DiscordOfColors

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited May 2017
    U can blame nexon for this mess besides I doubt nexon would do a jq so easily that would impress the playerbase or listen to the players complaint.
  • camra94camra94
    Reactions: 760
    edited May 2017
    I tried that jump quest for 8 hours straight. But i am done, going to try to get what I want with the batteries
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    camra94 wrote: »
    I tried that jump quest for 8 hours straight. But i am done, going to try to get what I want with the batteries

Except the hearts don't work without a Wondroid...which you only unlock by saving them (aka JQ of doom)
  • camra94camra94
    Reactions: 760
    edited May 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Except the hearts don't work without a Wondroid...which you only unlock by saving them (aka JQ of doom)

In that case i will just buy a fairy heart and skip this entire thing

• QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    you guys can get a perm heart with no stats.
    you have to level a beast tamer from lv 60-100 I think and then collect the rewards and hope you get the heart btw its a silver heart it only gives +60 defence
  • RewasabRewasab
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited May 2017
    If you have a computer with no imput lag, a good internet connection to keep you from dissconecting and the stars allign just the right way so that you dont run into a bug, the game randomly dissconect you or a maintenance is announced it is fairly simple to do this jq. I've already cleared it 3 times with different Wondroids, the first time it took me 5 hours total, second took me 1 and on my third run it only took me 34 minutes. you can do it.
    I believe in you.
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited May 2017
    Even one of the admins conceded that the majority of players hate the JQ. That's telling on its own.
    thatplant
  • BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    getting through B1 the first time took me 5 hours, second time 2 hours and today it took me just a mere 20 minutes. Once you get used to the steam vents it's pretty easy.
  • thatplantthatplant
    Reactions: 765
    edited May 2017
    BowmaNxNL wrote: »
    getting through B1 the first time took me 5 hours, second time 2 hours and today it took me just a mere 20 minutes. Once you get used to the steam vents it's pretty easy.

I managed to get it done just now. (5:20 AM)

I've spent hours on it and I'm now debating if it was even worth it. (no shop & no perm outfits for the android). Kind if disappointed because of it but whatever. I didn't get that "satisfied" feeling people got at the end because this event is bugged like crazy. Got kicked out of investigation map several times and my timer ran out real quickly. I'm going to have to farm coins tomorrow to get the heart.

I've had enough to complain. The bugs / issues / down side to this event are known, so now we just wait to see if things will be fixed or changed.
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited May 2017
    Doesn't help that it brought out JQ experts, who have always been a minority of players, to defend it. Mind you at least three of this small group here and on Reddit have said even they think this event goes too far, but they further exacerbate the anger and frustration when they make this event look easy, and then tell people to "just git gud", forgetting that a vast majority of players have always hated and have no patience for jump quests, especially when they're the gatekeeper behind a limited-time event, which only adds stress to the whole situation.
    thatplantdeadend5193
  • BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    WatcherCCG wrote: »
    Doesn't help that it brought out JQ experts, who have always been a minority of players, to defend it. Mind you at least three of this small group here and on Reddit have said even they think this event goes too far, but they further exacerbate the anger and frustration when they make this event look easy, and then tell people to "just git gud", forgetting that a vast majority of players have always hated and have no patience for jump quests, especially when they're the gatekeeper behind a limited-time event, which only adds stress to the whole situation.

Ehm... I' m not quite sure if you' re indirectly pointing at me, but I am by no means a jump quest expert. I am terrible at jump quests and that' s why it took me 5 hours the first time. My motivation was the sole fact of " new androids", i don' t care too much for the shop functionality. Perm outfit would be nice though. I can see why people would be stuck in B1 for sure, but it takes practice and that' s the key to any jump quest or the like.