[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Black Market Items

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited May 2017 in General Chat
This issue is similar to the issue discussed in JushiroNet's except it is dealing with players who are quitting Maplestory and selling items for money or those trying to profit off the game.

Besides bots selling elite boss spoils, I also see players selling mesos and items for real money in the form of Paypal and Western Union in the Free Market. I spent about a year and half reporting the same players who are selling their items for real money. After a week, I see the same player selling their items again.

The GMs who respond to my tickets say they will investigate that player and they cannot disclose what is happening to that account. Later on, I see the same player selling their items again as though nothing happened. Why aren't the GMs discipline these players? I doubt it has so do with insufficient evidence because when I submit my ticket, I attach screenshots of the seller/his hired merchant as well as his merchandise. I find it infuriating to report someone selling 15 star tyrants for $500 in the free market and to see him still in the game. Have the GMs gone soft and they don't consider sellout players a threat or do they not have a protocol for players selling items for real money? What if there is no one banning the players and all I am hearing from is the ticket's automated response?

I really don't care if these players are Nexon's whales and they spend $3000 every Philosopher Book to sell their Frenzy Totems for $700, their illegal trades have to end NOW.
TOGETHER, WE WILL BEGIN A NEW WORLD WITHOUT THESE CHEATERS!!!

(I know people will say this game is dead)
Bahamut_X

Comments

• KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited May 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    This issue is similar to the issue discussed in JushiroNet's except it is dealing with players who are quitting Maplestory and selling items for money or those trying to profit off the game.

Besides bots selling elite boss spoils, I also see players selling mesos and items for real money in the form of Paypal and Western Union in the Free Market. I spent about a year and half reporting the same players who are selling their items for real money. After a week, I see the same player selling their items again.

The GMs who respond to my tickets say they will investigate that player and they cannot disclose what is happening to that account. Later on, I see the same player selling their items again as though nothing happened. Why aren't the GMs discipline these players? I doubt it has so do with insufficient evidence because when I submit my ticket, I attach screenshots of the seller/his hired merchant as well as his merchandise. I find it infuriating to report someone selling 15 star tyrants for $500 in the free market and to see him still in the game. Have the GMs gone soft and they don't consider sellout players a threat or do they not have a protocol for players selling items for real money? What if there is no one banning the players and all I am hearing from is the ticket's automated response?

I really don't care if these players are Nexon's whales and they spend $3000 every Philosopher Book to sell their Frenzy Totems for $700, their illegal trades have to end NOW.
    TOGETHER, WE WILL BEGIN A NEW WORLD WITHOUT THESE CHEATERS!!!

(I know people will say this game is dead)

Wish this was a reality but...

Money talks, It's how most companies are.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Honestly though, why do you care?? You're acting as if it affects you when ppl do those trades
    FusaGikoJinTheHero
  • JinTheHeroJinTheHero
    Reactions: 430
    edited May 2017
    Daxter, if you're serious about putting all that effort into reporting those players that don't even negatively impact you, then you seriously need help.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited May 2017
    Do neither of you understand how people selling gear for paypal negatively impacts the economy? Not to mention that it's illegal in the first place.

"Why do you care that that mall was robbed? It doesn't affect you."

Sure, keep that mindset.
    Bahamut_X
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Do neither of you understand how people selling gear for paypal negatively impacts the economy? Not to mention that it's illegal in the first place.

Sure, keep that mindset.

Botters already killed it..

Nice.. Its not even the same to compare lol

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited May 2017
    Due to forum rules, I cannot post a picture describing the horrors I see in the Free Market everyday.

Try to shop for groceries and on the way there, you see stores selling drugs, firearms and ivory (yes, selling ivory can get you in a lot of trouble.)
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited May 2017
    people spend lots of money on this game to obtain a high range, and when they quit they want to obtain some of their invested money back. is that such a problem?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited May 2017
    people spend lots of money on this game to obtain a high range, and when they quit they want to obtain some of their invested money back. is that such a problem?

Sure, keep that mindset.

• QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    Daxterbear I remember you from the grazed server u in RoyaI guild and I have moved to MYBCKN server ign: kenjiato
  • DominikosDominikos
    Reactions: 625
    edited May 2017
    So... you mad cuz u can´t buy those equips? you need help...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    Dominikos wrote: »
    No one mentioned about anyone being able, or not being able to afford anything. Seems like you only made that comment just to light a bit of fire, but in reality it seems that you didn't bother to read enough to get by.
    Honestly though, why do you care?? You're acting as if it affects you when ppl do those trades
    JinTheHero wrote: »
    Daxter, if you're serious about putting all that effort into reporting those players that don't even negatively impact you, then you seriously need help.

As for the rest of you, are you sure it doesn't negatively impact the players? The market is inflated, the value of mesos is at an all time low. Most of these trades doesn't support Nexon at all, none of the money is going to them. It's worse if not an equal to pay-to-win, if not connected towards an exploiter, botter or hacker.

But honestly, @Daxterbeer. If Nexon isn't doing their part containing the hackers, how in the world are they suppose to crack down on the Black Market? They have yet to shut down (as far as I'm aware of) 2 major websites that distributes hacks and has a platform for Black Market trades. Reboot isn't an exception, they sell accounts too filled with billions of mesos.

Note: As far as I'm aware, I'm allowed to discuss it's existence but I cannot support such methods nor mention any names tied to what I'm discussing.

There needs to be an end to hacking. That is by patching Full Map Attacks for Blaze Wizards, Kinesis and Blaster.

There needs to be bigger accessibility towards Bonus Potential, Nebulites, and many other items well known to contribute to the market.

That'll decrease the chances of it being bought on the Black Market, making things more affordable with mesos, and make the game less pay-to-win.
    RollsBahamut_X
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    No one mentioned about anyone being able, or not being able to afford anything. Seems like you only made that comment just to light a bit of fire, but in reality it seems that you didn't bother to read enough to get by.

As for the rest of you, are you sure it doesn't negatively impact the players? The market is inflated, the value of mesos is at an all time low. Most of these trades doesn't support Nexon at all, none of the money is going to them. It's worse if not an equal to pay-to-win, if not connected towards an exploiter, botter or hacker.

But honestly, @Daxterbeer. If Nexon isn't doing their part containing the hackers, how in the world are they suppose to crack down on the Black Market? They have yet to shut down (as far as I'm aware of) 2 major websites that distributes hacks and has a platform for Black Market trades. Reboot isn't an exception, they sell accounts too filled with billions of mesos.

Note: As far as I'm aware, I'm allowed to discuss it's existence but I cannot support such methods nor mention any names tied to what I'm discussing.

There needs to be an end to hacking. That is by patching Full Map Attacks for Blaze Wizards, Kinesis and Blaster.

There needs to be bigger accessibility towards Bonus Potential, Nebulites, and many other items well known to contribute to the market.

That'll decrease the chances of it being bought on the Black Market, making things more affordable with mesos, and make the game less pay-to-win.

Black market trades don't do the damage, botters do..

Black market trades only provide easier access to gear but botters make endless mesos and sell the mesos for cheap..
  • SASSYCATHYSASSYCATHY
    Reactions: 710
    edited May 2017
    Actually the problem is the people BUYING the items. If there were no buyers then what would be the point of selling? This is a GAME. Just like driving on a road-you're going to see alot of people "breaking laws". It can be frustrating they never get ticketed. You have to understand everyone only has so much resources and energy, including NEXON. Some items are just not that important as others. So what they sell it for money. You can spend money in the Cash Shop and go buy mesos from other players thru the new Meso buying system, and then buy items for sale in Free Market. Basically same result-- pay to play.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017

And it'll decrease their value with how much more common they'd be made, and of course that'd make people like these mad that the game isn't as p2w and what they have is subsequently less substantial. The problem doesn't get fixed and the state of the game stays the same, whales can still brag that what they have is worth a lot, and the elitists can still laugh at how other people can't afford things.

The fact is that it's not even supposed to be happening.
    it's illegal in the first place.

This isn't like Steam's market where you directly use money to buy and sell things, you're using mesos and NX. Once money turns into NX, then meso, it doesn't come back out as money. Not unless it's through illegal trades. This game is not supposed to be an "investment" for real life money.