[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Concerns regarding issues and requests not addressed

GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
Reactions: 2,645
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I would like to say my opinion regarding my experience here during the recent months.

During the last months, I reported about certain bugs and issues I found in game.
Sadly, despite a lot of efforts it feels I was not able to convince or deliver my request:
Why the issue/bug I report about is a real issue/bug?

This started with the game crash/disconnection/freeze issues which were quite common during the past months, up to v.182. Since v.183 the crash issues were finally detected and fixed,
so the chances for crashes now are very low and barely occur.
I argued that the crash issues were not due to old drivers/hardwares, bad configuration on my PC or due to my internet.
The argument regarding this was becuase the game team were not able to detect the crash issues on their end for a very long period of time.

Additionally, I have reported about various different bugs/issues, even some few which will not badly affect the gameplay.

Bugs reported are as follow:
Change Channel Issue - not changed on first click! (bug report)
Reward points not saved to cash shop on enter issue (a partial solution is to click the Refresh button after entering into the cash shop as it's now)
Reward for hot day (on December 2016) was not given due to lack of space in inventory
and box disappeared permanently and rewards never distributed to affected players

Missing stats on UI display for certain equips since V patch (espcially on certain equipments in Luna world)
For some equips +10 HP is shown instead of +10% HP including Dominator Pendant and Chaos Horntail Necklace

Due to the fact that these issues were not handled was very frustrating.

I tried to explain about these, espicially about the change channel issue, but it seems that this effort went to nothing.
The service representative I told him about this refused to believe it's an issue and the explanation for this was it's due to a momentary letancy issue between the server and client or it was due to a possible lag I had.

I didn't want to say this, but as a player in Europe MapleStory under Nexon Europe I was more satisfied in some cases I was able to contact the customer service and being able to express myself and there was a deeper understanding of my requests.

Furthermore, under the european service and their original game client build - there was not the change channel issue.

- The ability to switch between accounts/regions without restarting game client is very important!
For more details, please see: Switching between accounts and regions easily

Additional changes I would wish to see for a better maple:
- Filter chat for the text's writer
- OK!

Character selection screen button/Change character button - will "remember" the channel and world of the player and move to the character selection screen.
More information regarding this can be found in the Original Maple Europe contents and features discussion.

- Make the text for NPC Chat window and normal chat area bigger to a size as shown in the screenshot below (A screenshot taken when playing MapleStory Europe v.117):
CYqO9Py.jpg

Thank you for your attention!
JettLuvsUDoughIts2Sharp4UCaptainStrikerSherri
  1. Do you wish to see the above changes and fixes coming?11 votes
    1. Yes!!! Everything mentioned is at high priority!!
       100% (11 votes)
    2. Yes! At least for the chat filter issue to be handled.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. No, I'm fine with how everything is now.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    Reactions: 570
    edited April 2017
    honestly a lot of lag issues nexon wont really help with. They'll just give you the simple "i have have experienced issue so i have no idea how to fix this" which is normally since you're sitting right on the server point..versus players sitting thousands of miles away from source. Its obvious you wont get the issue, so instead of telling me you arent getting the issue why dont you actually try playing maple from thousands of miles away and seeing the issues and fixing them -,-
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    At least my request is to put more attention and investigate it.

If I was one of the development team there, then I was insisting on fixing these issues or at least some of these.

In real life, I have experience in development and I know to detect various possible issues and bugs. Sometimes this requires investigation, creativity and some time of thinking.
    However, this may really take time and there may be various considerations regarding how and when various issues are handled...
    Still, I prefer things not to be left unresolved for too long time of months or even years.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I wish you to look on the above requests.
    I'm aware there are people from the community who wish to see the subjects above being handled with attention.

Thank you.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    The problem I find is that these bugs and suggestions take way too long of a time to process. I mean who remembers that Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest has still been closed off despite the fact an announcement in March 2016 said it was suppose to be reopened, "later in the year", in 2016. It's almost June 2017 now.

I think each individual bug and suggestion needs to be looked at accordingly. They may all be different issues but in terms of maintaining the game, it shows that a lot of work still needs to be done.

A small inconvenience is a lot when it piles up altogether, and needs to be solved as a case-by-case basis within an appropriate time-frame. Over a year is not appropriate.
  • iHateForumsiHateForums
    Reactions: 560
    edited May 2017
    At least my request is to put more attention and investigate it.

I am also disappointed in the way reports are handled, Recently i reported a person WITH video evidence of them in a party with a hacker while the hacker used full map attack, The ticket response i got said they would investigate but cant give any info, Now i see the same person today and they are almost level 250... Great "investigation"

To stay on topic , Its like Sharp4U said, The time they take to look into bugs tends to be a lot longer than anticipated or longer than it should be to fix a bug.

To be able to log into different accounts/regions would save a lot of people the hastle of having to log out of the nexon launcher everytime they would want to change, The old nexon launcher is still my favorite and most likely for ever be my favorite.
    LilyflowerGoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Now it's a major game update (Override - renamed from Beyond) but it feels that currently nothing of the requests above were addressed..
    I hoped that at least some specific subjects from the above will be addressed. Please put attention!
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Any new about this?
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    I have had the change channel issue for a looong time.. still waiting on a fix.
    GoldAdventurer