[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wondroid Rescue Mode Auto Ban Issue

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited June 2017 in Announcements
Greetings Maplers,

Currently there is an error in the Wondroid Rescue Mode which may result in your account being banned.
Do not attempt the Wondroid Rescue Mode until we've resolved this issue. We will notify everyone once the issue has been resolved.

If you've been banned due to this error, please submit a ticket to lift the ban from your account:
https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us
Its2Sharp4UInvulgo

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Thanks Arwoo. Are you guys gonna do anything about Perm Wondroid outfits/Save points if you disconnect...? (I am kinda just stuck inbetween B2 and B1 till this is fixed...sucks to be me right now.)
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Thanks Arwoo. Are you guys gonna do anything about Perm Wondroid outfits/Save points if you disconnect...? (I am kinda just stuck inbetween B2 and B1 till this is fixed...sucks to be me right now.)

Our VFMs made sure we delivered the community feedback regarding Wondroid costumes, Wondroid shops, and Wondroid's genders.
    While some of the genders of the Wondroids being swapped is clearly a bug to fix, I cannot give any confirmations for the other two suggestions.

We do know that the community absolutely wants permanent versions of the Wondroid costumes so we'll be sure to keep poking the subject.
    Its2Sharp4Uthatplant
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Speaking of bugs to fix, is the Investigation Mode instancing going to be fixed?
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Speaking of bugs to fix, is the Investigation Mode instancing going to be fixed?

Yes, this was placed as high priority among the various Wondroid related feedback we delivered.
    We'll be discussing with our team in regards to this issue.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Still wondering if anything will be done about players who disconnect during Rescue mode...I'd rather not have to get kicked back to B4...(and I could go take a break from this Purgatory I am in)
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Our VFMs made sure we delivered the community feedback regarding Wondroid costumes, Wondroid shops, and Wondroid's genders.
    While some of the genders of the Wondroids being swapped is clearly a bug to fix, I cannot give any confirmations for the other two suggestions.

We do know that the community absolutely wants permanent versions of the Wondroid costumes so we'll be sure to keep poking the subject.

Will B1 be made easier or not? You addressed problems people had with difficulty in another thread, but nothing has come of it so far. The maintenance mentioned difficulty adjustments for B4, but not for B1, which is the most excessively hard part of the entire jump quest.
    Petalmagic
  • BondableBondable
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2017
    Rolls wrote: »

Will B1 be made easier or not? You addressed problems people had with difficulty in another thread, but nothing has come of it so far. The maintenance mentioned difficulty adjustments for B4, but not for B1, which is the most excessively hard part of the entire jump quest.

What's wrong with B1? I fail to see where it's too hard. Yes, it's difficult. Rightfully so. But how is it too difficult? Not to bash, simply asking by the way.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Bondable wrote: »

What's wrong with B1? I fail to see where it's too hard. Yes, it's difficult. Rightfully so. But how is it too difficult? Not to bash, simply asking by the way.

My struggle is the steam, just because the timing and my hand-eye coordination do not match up.
  • BondableBondable
    edited June 2017

My struggle is the steam, just because the timing and my hand-eye coordination do not match up.

That's the hardest part of the run, yeah, but I don't think it's THAT difficult. Not sure if they're legitimate, but I've seen tons of people with those androids already. In fact more people have them than not at the moment from what I've seen. I personally don't think they should touch anything in the actual run aside from fixing the parts where you phase through the floor.

That's just my opinion thought. They should iron out the game-breaking bugs first.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017

That's the hardest part of the run, yeah, but I don't think it's THAT difficult. Not sure if they're legitimate, but I've seen tons of people with those androids already. In fact more people have them than not at the moment from what I've seen. I personally don't think they should touch anything in the actual run aside from fixing the parts where you phase through the floor.

That's just my opinion thought. They should iron out the game-breaking bugs first.

Well me and quite a few others would disagree...it is infuriating and frustrating for me. Considering I had to ask my Dad for help with B1 the first time around. I just htink they should balance B1 for those of us who aren't as good at Jump quests as others.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2017
    I don't think it's THAT difficult.

So why do people take several hours to clear it? It becomes "too" difficult when it takes an excruciatingly long time to clear it.
    Yes, you can get better if you practice, but that's hours of practice. It's a highly inappropriate amount of time for a JQ to take. I took about 2 hours, myself, but some people have taken up to 15 just for B1. There's something very wrong if a single section of this event takes that long to clear. Most people aren't good at JQs. And that's exactly why they stopped doing JQs for important content for so long until now.
    WatcherCCG
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited June 2017
    Well me and quite a few others would disagree...it is infuriating and frustrating for me. Considering I had to ask my Dad for help with B1 the first time around. I just htink they should balance B1 for those of us who aren't as good at Jump quests as others.

You did get far. The players who did manage to complete it, didn't do it fast either on their first (few) run(s), most of us definitely took 3-4 hours or more including myself. I was very nervous at the steam part too and my heartbeat was faster too, although I did stop on first day after jumping 3-4 hours. And after seeing an alternative video of B1, I thought I will try that the next day, because the moving lasers on the other route are even more annoying because you have to time correctly too.

But yea I didn't give up and did it again, jumped for few hours but couldn't complete it on 2nd day before the SC and after the SC I continued doing the JQ again and finished it in 45 minutes. After that all the other Androids get the alternative JQ version of Aster's, so you will need to get used to it again, took me 4 hours or something. Now I am able to do it in 18 minutes without dying by trying this so many times per day.

Note: On the first few days I did a lot of mistakes, like throwing Android or letting it jump off a platform by pressing the wrong buttons. It didn't happen anymore after I got used to this JQ.
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited June 2017
    We've addressed the issue with Maplers being auto banned from the Rescue Mode in the Wondroid Event.

However, for this fix to be applied you MUST relog.
    Do not attempt to do the Rescue Mode if you haven't relogged as there is a chance you will be auto banned.

Thank you,

Arwooo~
    Its2Sharp4U
  • BondableBondable
    edited June 2017
    I don't think it's THAT difficult.

So why do people take several hours to clear it? It becomes "too" difficult when it takes an excruciatingly long time to clear it.
    Yes, you can get better if you practice, but that's hours of practice. It's a highly inappropriate amount of time for a JQ to take. I took about 2 hours, myself, but some people have taken up to 15 just for B1. There's something very wrong if a single section of this event takes that long to clear. Most people aren't good at JQs. And that's exactly why they stopped doing JQs for important content for so long until now.

Don't get me wrong, I understand it's not easy. Me personally, I cleared B4-B1 in less than 45 minutes. That's not an achievement (as it still took like 30 whole minutes), but I'm simply saying that for the best in-slot heart, and for the event being as EXTREMELY long as it is, this seems pretty decent..

I also really enjoy the feeling of earning something after hours of grinding. It's euphoric.
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited June 2017
    We've addressed the issue with Maplers being auto banned from the Rescue Mode in the Wondroid Event.

However, for this fix to be applied you MUST relog.
    Do not attempt to do the Rescue Mode if you haven't relogged as there is a chance you will be auto banned.

Thank you,

Arwooo~

Just heard someone got banned, he did close the game and restarted it before attempting the JQ.
    Edit: He got released.

It would have been nice if there were additional checkpoints within the stages so we wouldn't have to redo the 'easier' parts everytime we fail at the 'hardest' part. It's very time consuming.

'And that's exactly why they stopped doing JQs for important content for so long until now'
    Well GMS brought this event over from TMS, they created it. Who knows what other JQ events they already had in the past we have never seen before. It's just we get updates mainly from KMS if they don't have the JQ events then we won't get them. We should be glad GMS do look at content from other region MS. These kind of events from other region MS that comes to GMS surprises many of us. We follow KMS blogs to see what kind of new contents they get, we know about these which would eventually come to GMS.

Did you participate in the MMF event? I tried, but it was too hard. The rewards were mainly chairs, so I guess not many players cared too much about it. Some players found a way to beat MMF easily. I didn't know about it untill later after the event ended.
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited June 2017
    @Arwoo: Would there be a chance at all that if there is instancing in the Investigation Mode that we could also have the original, non-instanced maps in some channels?

I find that both scenarios have their pro's and cons: for those who want instanced maps it's usually because they don't want people popping in the map and raising the levels of mobs which is a legitimate concern. However, by making all maps instanced, then that removes the option of sharing the map with some in B3 and B4 (as well as other maps like the lobby) which can raise coin rates for both players. Is there any chance we could get the best of both worlds and have both options? My idea is make 10 channels instanced and 10 channels non-instanced. Thoughts?
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    So, is it safe to do rescue mode now? I haven't been banned doing it, but if there's a chance, I'm a bit hesitant.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Stargeth wrote: »
    @Arwoo: Would there be a chance at all that if there is instancing in the Investigation Mode that we could also have the original, non-instanced maps in some channels?

I find that both scenarios have their pro's and cons: for those who want instanced maps it's usually because they don't want people popping in the map and raising the levels of mobs which is a legitimate concern. However, by making all maps instanced, then that removes the option of sharing the map with some in B3 and B4 (as well as other maps like the lobby) which can raise coin rates for both players. Is there any chance we could get the best of both worlds and have both options? My idea is make 10 channels instanced and 10 channels non-instanced. Thoughts?

Normally with instanced maps, you can enter as a party and then all go in the same instance.
    Same as boss maps, PQ maps, and the old mini-dungeon maps.
    Stargeth
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Stallben wrote: »
    So, is it safe to do rescue mode now? I haven't been banned doing it, but if there's a chance, I'm a bit hesitant.

I haven't heard of any new bans in awhile, so I'll assume that it's now safe to do rescue mode, as long as you've re-logged in first if you were logged in prior to it being fixed.

I went through it just before the reset and didn't get banned, although I didn't die once because I was also pretty hesitant.
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited June 2017
    @AKradian: I see, thanks! I really hope this is the functionality it changes to.