[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

wondering what to main (reboot)

MeikosMeikos
Reactions: 630
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Hey Maplers.
I am play maple story for long time ago like 11-12 years since the beta.
There is 5th job and alot of jobs with diffrent skills and gamestyle, and i cant even choose a main.
I want you guys try to help me with your personal experience and your knowledge in the game.
If you guys can share your pros and cons of the class you choose it will be great :)
So there is what i looking for in my main
First i am playing in reboot have all links and character cards
1. Mobbing i need a decent training skill for Tot Sh Hoh TP and all new maps
2.Great bossing i play i reboot and bossing is huge part of this server and this game.
3.Attack speed and good Hitbox i want fast attacker with 6-max lines/ very fast attack with low lines and op damage
4.Def There is the best part on my char all the jobs like NL with low def is not for me hate to burn my pots on stupid mobs
5.Critical Rate&Dmg Decent Critical rate and dmg cause its still important part on this game
Please guys help me to choose my main character hope to hear your honest opinion about your choice and pros and cons from your personal experience .

Hope you answering me soon :)

Comments

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2017
    Jett is perfect for you
  • SarasChaosSarasChaos
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    main a aran :3 . they have good def, strong mob and single target, and they have a passive that constantly regens hp. they are also really easy to gear.
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited June 2017
    Don't main a Bowmaster... >_>

I do and you kind of need the funding and also at least DSI potential or a bucc in the party to really utilize mobbing.

Great for mobility. Okay for Bossing.

Need the damage.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Meikos wrote: »
    1. Mobbing i need a decent training skill for Tot Sh Hoh TP and all new maps
    2.Great bossing i play i reboot and bossing is huge part of this server and this game.
    3.Attack speed and good Hitbox i want fast attacker with 6-max lines/ very fast attack with low lines and op damage
    4.Def There is the best part on my char all the jobs like NL with low def is not for me hate to burn my pots on stupid mobs
    5.Critical Rate&Dmg Decent Critical rate and dmg cause its still important part on this game
    Please guys help me to choose my main character hope to hear your honest opinion about your choice and pros and cons from your personal experience .

Hope you answering me soon :)

Demon Slayer has a 100% crit skill (although it is only hitting about 4 mobs) and high attack (hits soft attack speed cap) and has really high Defense (even with a Ruin Shield from Damien) and an amazing 5th job skill. My Demon Slayer has really high boss due to the link skill giving 15% at level 2 (my Demon Slayer is over 210 so I get 20%) One of the few cons is that it's normal crit is kinda low unless you use its 100% crit skill.
    Hayato is also a really good Mobber, I have considered making mine into my secondary because of how fast it is! It also has a bossing stance made...specifically for BOSSING! They also get mroe attack as you get defense, making them easy to fund since you can accept %Defense lines in a potential, Hayato also has a skill that increases its critical rate for a bit. I could add more since I have played almsot every class in the game...but I am just putting my favorites right now.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Make a hayato, they are pretty strong and fast plus more defense=higher damage for hayato.

Or choose kinesis or aran.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, choose hayato. The most broken class in MS. That will be fun!
    Also, aran is an MP sink class. If you won't get a pet, don't bother. It will drive u crazy to hit MP button every 10-15 seconds or so. All in all, aran is a newb friendly class. But keep in mind what i said earlier. There are a lot of YT videos where they show mobing/bossing/pros/cons on pretty much every char if you will go reboot.
    Watch them, choose whatever suits your style.
  • ZeroShadowZeroShadow
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2017
    Well, I don't know about maining, but I can say you should make a Kanna along with whoever you plan on maining so you can fund them. As Kanna is an excellent farmer since she increase spawn rate of mobs.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Main whatever you find most enjoyable /thread
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited June 2017
    Sounds like all you need to play is a demon avenger.

1:Decent mobbing

2:Great bossing

3:Def plus built in hp refill at the press of a button when you have full stacks of overload which will take you 20 attacks to get.

4: Insane dmg (was hitting 1 mill unfunded at lvl 100 with crap gear and i do mean crap gear)

5: If you looking for line story then go dawn warrior -_-
  • MetaRaidMetaRaid
    Reactions: 860
    edited June 2017
    For solo class, both Kaiser and Evan are great bossers. Evan is also good at mobbing. Wild Hunter is great for both bossing and mobbing and has great party buffs. All three classes need to watch their skills on cooldown and use them at the best time.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    OHHH MY GOD I FORGOT TO MENTION A CLASS.
    The Battle mage

They have really high hp compared to other classes and their amount of mana is okay, battle mages have REALLY HIGH defense and speed.
    They have like tons of passives

They can get really strong but there is one flaw,
    : are you ready to spam 1 skill while teleporting through the whole map.
    It gets a bit boring.