[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jewel Crafting Event

StallbenStallben
Reactions: 1,245
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in General Chat
I saw in the patch notes of the Re: Zero update that there is going to be an event where you can craft Master SS Rings. The notes say that you can buy all of the necessary materials to make the rings. From what I've been reading up, on you need to get 4 rings to S class and then you can combine them for the SS Ring. I wasn't around the last time this event took place, but I wanted to know; is this event going to be as easy as it seems? Because I don't think that they would basically give such a good ring away without making people work for it. 20 million mesos aside, is there something about this event that I may not know about? I'm excited about this event, but I also want to know what I'm in for. I'm thinking the same thing might apply to that permanent android heart event as well.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    It's heavily RNG-dependent.

You have to buy boxes from the event shop, and open them to get Jewels, which will mostly be rank C.
    Then you need to combine Jewels, which may or may not rank up.

How easy the event is depends on how easy it is to collect the coins to buy the boxes, and on your luck both in opening the boxes and in combining jewels.
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited May 2017
    Ya, just RNG I once got 3 S rings in a row. Then took me a good 1-2 weeks for my last.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Also noticed that it says the event starts and ends at 1 AM. Does that mean we only have one minute to make this ring??
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2017
    30 boxes so far and no S jewel. Failed all my As and a lot of B fusions. I don't get why it's even RNG, the event lasts for a limited time (2.5 weeks) and we only get about 100 coins on average (170 if you're lucky with the minigames). And we can only buy 15 boxes per day, last time around we could buy as many boxes as possible. If I remembered correctly, many people (such as myself) skipped this event because of the time constraints set up. It's no different this time.

This is why we need a diligence backstop like Akradian suggested. This game has basically become a full blown slot machine.
    31Bravo
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »
    30 boxes so far and no S jewel. Failed all my As and a lot of B fusions. I don't get why it's even RNG, the event lasts for a limited time (2.5 weeks) and we only get about 100 coins on average (170 if you're lucky with the minigames). And we can only buy 15 boxes per day, last time around we could buy as many boxes as possible. If I remembered correctly, many people (such as myself) skipped this event because of the time constraints set up. It's no different this time.

This is why we need a diligence backstop like Akradian suggested. This game has basically become a full blown slot machine.

Last time it was also 15 boxes a day.
    I remember quite a few people hoarded their coins 'til the last moment, because of the Event Hall lag issue, and were surprised they couldn't just do the whole ring in one day.

Other than that, yeah, needs some kind of cap on how badly the RNG can punish you.
  • SebastianEvaSebastianEva
    Reactions: 430
    edited June 2017
    is there any other way to get coins other than playing those crappy mini game that bug when too much people or too little people to start ?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    is there any other way to get coins other than playing those crappy mini game that bug when too much people or too little people to start ?

You can do the "luck thief" summon every 45 minutes after the hour, between 10am and 10pm UTC. It gives 5 coins each time, so if you don't miss any it's 60 coins a day.
    You get 10 coins a day from the "fruits of patience" quest (hold an item for an hour).
    And you might get a single coin from the box given as a reward for some of the other daily/repeatable star notifier quests.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Another question about the jewel crafting event. I'm a bit confused as to how this thing is made. I know that you create 4 Master S rings for the SS ring, but it does say that you can combine 4 rings of any type and you'll get it. Currently, I have one strength S ring. I did the crafting and ended up with another strength S crystal. Here's my question. Hypothetically, if I were to have 2 Strength S rings and either 1 or 2 or any combination of the latter three of the Nimble, Lucky, or Keen S rings, would the final product still be the standard 30 all stat or would it be skewed to strength more. I know the whole rings of any type thing might be self-explanatory, but I just want to know and have all the necessary information regarding this process and if I should keep it or try to swap it out for another.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Stallben wrote: »
    Another question about the jewel crafting event. I'm a bit confused as to how this thing is made. I know that you create 4 Master S rings for the SS ring, but it does say that you can combine 4 rings of any type and you'll get it. Currently, I have one strength S ring. I did the crafting and ended up with another strength S crystal. Here's my question. Hypothetically, if I were to have 2 Strength S rings and either 1 or 2 or any combination of the latter three of the Nimble, Lucky, or Keen S rings, would the final product still be the standard 30 all stat or would it be skewed to strength more. I know the whole rings of any type thing might be self-explanatory, but I just want to know and have all the necessary information regarding this process and if I should keep it or try to swap it out for another.

Double Post. Not sure what to do about this. Still new to the forum thing.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Yes, the SS ring always has the same stats, regardless of what S rings went into its making.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

You can do the "luck thief" summon every 45 minutes after the hour, between 10am and 10pm UTC. It gives 5 coins each time, so if you don't miss any it's 60 coins a day.
    You get 10 coins a day from the "fruits of patience" quest (hold an item for an hour).
    And you might get a single coin from the box given as a reward for some of the other daily/repeatable star notifier quests.

What is this "luck thief" summon you speak of? Would you mind explaining or telling me how to do it?
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Yes, the SS ring always has the same stats, regardless of what S rings went into its making.

Thanks for the information. Now I can be less pressed to make this thing. Only 2 more to go.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

What is this "luck thief" summon you speak of? Would you mind explaining or telling me how to do it?

Every hour between 10AM and 10PM UTC, at 45 minutes after the hour, you'll get an envelope over your head. Click it, and Gaga will ask your help dealing with thieves. Accept.
    You'll be moved to a waiting map, and after a few seconds you and whoever else accepted on the same channel will go to a map with some monsters. Kill them all, then talk to the bunny at the bottom of the map.
    You'll move to an exit map with a portal. Exit through the portal and you'll get 5 coins and a few crappy potions.
    That's all there is to it.

Edit: NOTE: you have to be in a normal map that you can tele from. So a town or a training map. Not the mini-game station, not FM, not a boss map, not a PQ, not ardentmill, etc.
  • ZeroShadowZeroShadow
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2017
    And if you are playing those mini-games I would suggest investing in those hats, the "Floral Bandana" for guys and the "Floral Ayam" for girls. They're 30 coins that last for 30 days, but they add 2 coins to your earning when playing a mini-game that gives coins.
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Now that there's a week left for this thing, as anyone able to successfully make one? I was able to make one for my xenon and just yesterday, I was able to get one on my aran. Not even going to attempt this on other characters. Frustrating but worth it.