[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Server during Override update?

SpdzSpdz
Reactions: 420
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Will there be a new server implemented during the Override patch?

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    If it's not Reboot for Europe, I find that pointless. There's too many servers that are empty or not even at full capacity. Adding on that some servers have stability issues time to time. It wouldn't be a smart move.
  • SpdzSpdz
    edited June 2017
    If it's not Reboot for Europe, I find that pointless. There's too many servers that are empty or not even at full capacity. Adding on that some servers have stability issues time to time. It wouldn't be a smart move.

So your saying it's likely they would implement another reboot server?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    Spdz wrote: »

So your saying it's likely they would implement another reboot server?

Yes. Reboot EU shows a lot of promise because there has been a demand for it. If you've seen Reboot NA it has been a HUGE success in being one of the top servers for it's uniqueness and more play-to-win as opposed to pay-to-win.

The chances of the resources to be used for Reboot EU is quite high and the chances of it being successful are higher. Most of the Non-Reboot servers are either at average or low capacity which can definitely use more people. So it wouldn't make sense to add a Non-Reboot server to North America or Europe.
    WatcherCCGIvangold
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited June 2017
    I think when people usually ask about a new server, they are interested in having a clean slate, but would like everyone to be in a clean slate. This is how I view it anyways. But yeah, as it is right now, Reboot EU seems to be the only server that would be added I'd assume.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    TsukiBaka wrote: »
    I think when people usually ask about a new server, they are interested in having a clean slate, but would like everyone to be in a clean slate. This is how I view it anyways. But yeah, as it is right now, Reboot EU seems to be the only server that would be added I'd assume.

Some people would think a clean slate is good so they'll suggest to just bring in a new server.

However, because of hackers the economy will be tainted rather quickly. All Non-Reboot worlds have suffered from endless destruction of the value of mesos and how useless it is when trying to purchase certain items from other players.

Yes, Reboot can be tainted too with hackers and they still have a Black Market but there's less variety due to trade being disabled.

If the hacking problem was solved many things will come into light such as how bad certain item rates really are when they aren't influenced by botters. Nodestones, Nebulites, Clean Slate Scrolls, all sorts of end-game equipment. Another issue is how rankings are plagued with hackers, even though a handful have been removed.

Unless there's a so-called giant demand for a new server or world I would generally be against it. That's where Reboot EU's exception comes in.
  • SpdzSpdz
    edited June 2017
    TsukiBaka wrote: »

Some people would think a clean slate is good so they'll suggest to just bring in a new server.

However, because of hackers the economy will be tainted rather quickly. All Non-Reboot worlds have suffered from endless destruction of the value of mesos and how useless it is when trying to purchase certain items from other players.

Yes, Reboot can be tainted too with hackers and they still have a Black Market but there's less variety due to trade being disabled.

If the hacking problem was solved many things will come into light such as how bad certain item rates really are when they aren't influenced by botters. Nodestones, Nebulites, Clean Slate Scrolls, all sorts of end-game equipment. Another issue is how rankings are plagued with hackers, even though a handful have been removed.

Unless there's a so-called giant demand for a new server or world I would generally be against it. That's where Reboot EU's exception comes in.

Sadly hacking problems can never be solved indefinitely, nexon can patch to fix issues that hackers are exploiting but there will always be more exploits. :(