[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Gameplay] Damien noticeable skill delays

SlatymateSlatymate
Reactions: 2,150
edited June 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay

Brief bug summary:
This bug happen in Damien story mode, normal Damien and hard Damien fights. Multiple Damien skills suffer of delay. There is noticeable time between the skill animation cast by Damien and the actual time the skill will hit a player. This happen during phase 1 and phase 2. This bug can be repeated with and without server lag.

More details:
Skills with a visible delay:
  • Sword flame explosions
  • Damien dashes including 3 slash explosions in phase 2
  • Damien dives

Steps to reproduce:
Fight Damien and try to approach him after one of the those skill previously listed is cast.

Character name: Naked

Character level: 233

Character job: Thunder Breaker

World name: Mardia

Date and time of the incident: May 23th 2017 around 5 PM PDT
xOtakuJettLuvsUIvangold

Comments

• xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited June 2017
    I would like to add that damien's 3 slash explosions also has a delayed 1hit ko for a few seconds after they have disappeared
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    I can say that happens with the Sword flame...caused me a death or two. The Dive I can agree on as well...not sure on the Dash cuz I dodge that stuff.
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I can say that happens with the Sword flame...caused me a death or two. The Dive I can agree on as well...not sure on the Dash cuz I dodge that stuff.

If you try to move close to him after he finish dashing, you get pushed back and it gives you a mark brand.
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    edited June 2017
    Not sure if this has something to do with the delay also, but after the root skill ends(where you have to click left and right repeatedly like Pierre hats) you don't die immediately but few seconds after the skill ends and what I've experienced is that some times even though my entire party free themselves from it we would still die.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2017
    I can confirm this as well. Happening on these skills, but I think the giga rush in phase 2 is fine. No problem with projectile skills.

There is also another bug that is not related, maybe a bit. It's about doing Damien in party of 2 or more. It's worse in phase 2 especially when reviving 1st time after starting it while Damien casting skill. I could see Damien invisible then casting skill and can be spotting at different place at same time. Sometimes the other players see him more than you.