[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Teleporting To Bosses

BunnySakiBunnySaki
Reactions: 1,185
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Why can't we teleport to the map before the boss room? Just something I've been wondering for a while now.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    If you mean via Hyper Teleport Rock, it's an older feature. The only boss this is really a problem with is Horntail, although a smart mount fixes that pretty easily. I'm unsure of the exact reason why it was implemented that way, although HTRs do specify that you can't enter "special" areas (boss areas, specific theme dungeon maps, etc); it could be a technical limitation due to something to do with the maps themselves, or it could be a limitation designed to slow the rate at which players complete dailies (I.E. forcing players to explore and travel), or it could be something else entirely.

You can, however, use the Boss Queue and you'll be teleported to the map directly before the boss, the idea being to encourage random partying as opposed to soloing (although this hasn't worked as well as it could).
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    You can, however, use the Boss Queue and you'll be teleported to the map directly before the boss, the idea being to encourage random partying as opposed to soloing (although this hasn't worked as well as it could).

It works, but the system currently set-up doesn't help randoms as much as it should.

There are several complaints and suggestions (quite a few on the forums, but the search bar is just too limited) in both these forums and reddit:
    Bahamut_X