[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Monster Collection] Incorrectly named elite

SnowbeanSnowbean
Reactions: 1,216
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Typo

Brief bug summary: A certain elite is required for monster collection, being the "Magic-Resistant Commander Possibly-Evil Seal". However, the "Magic-Resistant Commander" prefix does not exist. It should instead be named "Magic Resistant Commanding Possibly-Evil Seal" as "Magic Resistant Commanding" is the correct prefix for this type of elite. On the first picture you can see the entry in the monster collection being named incorrectly. On the second picture you can see the correct prefix being used (on a different monster, but you get the idea).
Wb4S2gV.jpg
teTlERN.jpg

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    What about "??? Ripe Wolfruit", does that exist?
  • SnowbeanSnowbean
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

I've already collected that elite, so it does exist.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Snowbean wrote: »

Did you collect it while the spawned Elite was named "???" or did it have another name?
  • SnowbeanSnowbean
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Did you collect it while the spawned Elite was named "???" or did it have another name?

It had the ??? but perhaps they fixed the text issues on the mob but not in monster collection ._.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

It had the ??? but perhaps they fixed the text issues on the mob but not in monster collection ._.

That's what I'm afraid of.
  • arugulaarugula
    Reactions: 830
    edited June 2017
    It looks like the untranslated ripe wolfruit has been updated to "charismatic ripe wolfruit", could anyone confirm if this is an obtainable prefix? I can't recall seeing this prefix in the thousands of elites I've spawned and I don't see it in guides regarding monster collection.
    Thanks!
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited June 2017
    Charismatic is a different region's prefix for the equivalent in GMS. Can't seem to find a prefix comparison list at the moment, but I'd guess it's supposed to be Charming or something, but as it stands that elite cannot be collected.

Also, the "Commanding" bit of the Possibly-Evil Seal elite has been fixed, but the hyphen and capitalization on the "Magic Resistant" part still hasn't been fixed (it still reads "Magic-resistant"), so that's also still not possible to collect most likely.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2017
    How is it taking them this long to fix the Monster Collection? I don't get it.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited July 2017
    I hesitate to claim it as a bug right away, but since it's related to this topic, has anyone seen any elite spawn with the prefix "Seductive" or "KO" lately? I believe I'd seen them in the past, but recently, after a few 100 or so elites I can't recall having seen one. If these types of elites aren't spawning, that would make several more elite monsters impossible to collect in the monster collection:

Seductive
    Violent Primitive Boar (lv 99)
    KO Chief Qualm Guardian (lv 157)
    Seductive Chief Oblivion Guardian (lv 166)
    KO Steel Xenoroid EX (lv 228)
    Seductive Alloy Xenoroid DX (lv 230)

In addition to those, we could still use a response regarding the still-incorrect prefixes on the previous two elites in this thread:

Magic-resistant Commanding Possibly-Evil Seal (lv 53)(First prefix should be "Magic Resistant", properly capitalized and non-punctuated)
    Charismatic Ripe Wolfruit (lv 213)(Prefix does not exist in GMS, needs an actual obtainable prefix)

I believe those seven elite monsters are the only elites unobtainable at this time. I've been trying to collect as many as possible as I level up mules for my legion, and so far (barring some poor collection RNG), every other elite I've encountered from the Monster Collection has been obtained no trouble. Can we get these bugs passed on so we don't have to rely on monsterblooms from the upcoming event (and hopefully more in the future) to collect these monsters?
  • SnowbeanSnowbean
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I'm assuming Seductive has been replaced with Charming, as well as KO having been replaced with Overwhelming.
  • SnowbeanSnowbean
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I'm assuming Seductive has been replaced with Charming, as well as KO having been replaced with Overwhelming.