[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Monsteropoly not working

JulyJuly
Reactions: 2,720
edited June 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Broken mini-game

Brief bug summary: game suddenly stop work.

More details: The game Monsteropoly in event mini-game station not working ok, its stops working and everyone waits for timer to finish ( and count as loose), and if i leave it wont count but i have to wait 15 mins before playing any other game.

Steps to reproduce:

Go play Monsteropoly mini-game

Date and time of the incident: 6/1/17

Comments

• JulyJuly
    edited June 2017
    here some screenshots:
    cQ0AAUL.jpg

VP2uI9s.jpg

From this type of bug players only suffer.. not getting any benefit, so don't rush to fix this.
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I just love how I sit through a 10 min game and the game was stuck. I still got my coins but still waiting that long yeahh noo they need to fix the game Thanks. Uagieka.png[/img]

deadend5193
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    w8wzv.png

Same ov er here in Luna, The enhanche pop-up does not show up.
  • kiwisoulskiwisouls
    Reactions: 220
    edited June 2017
    This bug is annoying as hell. Glitches for at least 3/10 games.
  • kiwisoulskiwisouls
    edited June 2017
    Also, 10 minutes is not even long enough. Why is there even a time limit ? What's the point of playing a game you can't even actually finish. Dumb
    Julydeadend5193
  • DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited June 2017
    you are very very lucky if it only glitches 3/10 games

it glitches 9/10 for me, making it impossible to ever gain that achievement

it might be a good idea for nexon to scrap it out of the achievement list if they are unable to fix it soon
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2017
    This event is more painful than B1. Spend 30 minutes trying to get in games, get in for it to glitch and then you either wait 10 minutes for a loss (and get no reward) or leave and get barred from entering for 15 minutes. Won't be getting anything from this event it looks like, I just don't have the time to waste when it's not even working.
  • DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited June 2017
    i give it a try once a day, but it seems to be a waste of time

too bad it screws up the whole mini-game event
  • DienstagDienstag
    Reactions: 820
    edited June 2017
    Perhaps remove the 'afk' penalty for this game? until you guys get this fixed. Just happened 2/2 games in a row. Don't know if i want to try it again today
  • CealeCeale
    Reactions: 310
    edited June 2017
    Bug type: Game play /Visual
    Brief bug summary:
    1) All game functions for one of the players stops working during a match making their turn go on indefinitely.
    2) Visually looks very glitchy as well. Players don't go around the board instead they disappear, and appear as if they are going backwards.

I would like to point out that this is the mini-game that seems to glitch the most out of all of them.

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Try to queue up to a Monsteropoly match
    2) Get kicked out many many times
    3) Actually connect to a match after several dozen attempts only to watch it glitch.

Character name: IDemonxI

Character level: 170

Character job: Demon Slayer

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
    June 4, 2017 Around 6:04 PM ish PST
    DiscordOfColors
  • kiwisoulskiwisouls
    edited June 2017
    On a GOOD day it glitches 3/10 times and not all 10 games I've played are Monsteropoly. Now I just dc. Dced twice just now RIGHT after accepting and going in
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    I have joined this club. Wheeeee.
  • SphinctusSphinctus
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2017
    Game is impossible to play, i have played the game 8 times today, all 8 attempts the game glitched out and you get 5 coins.

It also uses up your daily game limit, so it's a joke to play right now. game should be completely disabled until fixed.
  • SphinctusSphinctus
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2017
    i got 0 coins because i waited out the timer and got afk timer. Absolutely horrible. Used one of my game limits too. UGH
  • BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited June 2017
    Hopefully fowarding this bug report will actually make it to the list of things Nexon will fix for upcoming maintenance.
  • PolymusPolymus
    Reactions: 730
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    This issue currently did not make it to the upcoming maintenance...they did find the time to fix the small Yut Horsepower "issue" though...
    If they're not going to fix it, can they at lease remove the wait time penalty for not doing anything for a period of time so we can still get coins when it messes up? I mean the game will automatically make moves for you if you're inactive. That's why there is a loading bar for every turn. =/
  • JulyJuly
    edited June 2017
    Polymus wrote: »
    This issue currently did not make it to the upcoming maintenance...they did find the time to fix the small Yut Horsepower "issue" though...
    If they're not going to fix it, can they at lease remove the wait time penalty for not doing anything for a period of time so we can still get coins when it messes up? I mean the game will automatically make moves for you if you're inactive. That's why there is a loading bar for every turn. =/

obviously text issues more urgent... im surprised they didnt went for unscheduled maintenance to fix this one..
    DiscordOfColors
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    July wrote: »

obviously text issues more urgent... im surprised they didnt went for unscheduled maintenance to fix this one..

They didn't go into unscheduled maintenance because it wasn't a benefit that could be abused. '100% chance you will roll a Five'. was the description but only moved three, it's a set value and it's just one minor text issue that can easily be fixed no problem within a weekly scheduled maintenance.

An exploit would be if you were to somehow manipulate your result that's not suppose to function like that. An example would be you rolled a three but you chose to move two instead even though you didn't have a 2 to begin with. This doesn't actually exist I'm just making it up.

For bugs like this one it probably isn't easy to fix regardless whoever made the code in the first place. This game is so old that some bugs get overshadowed by others, and that some bugs that are fixed somehow reappear in another patch. It's ridiculous because it shouldn't happen with a massive company like this, but it does.
  • ContrastContrast
    Reactions: 1,615
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Just trying to queue into a monsteropoly game is hard enough with it being broken there and now, the game glitches almost every single run for me. How are we ever supposed to get 10 wins when I can't even play 5 games.
  • JulyJuly
    edited June 2017
    July wrote: »

They didn't go into unscheduled maintenance because it wasn't a benefit that could be abused. '100% chance you will roll a Five'. was the description but only moved three, it's a set value and it's just one minor text issue that can easily be fixed no problem within a weekly scheduled maintenance.

An exploit would be if you were to somehow manipulate your result that's not suppose to function like that. An example would be you rolled a three but you chose to move two instead even though you didn't have a 2 to begin with. This doesn't actually exist I'm just making it up.

For bugs like this one it probably isn't easy to fix regardless whoever made the code in the first place. This game is so old that some bugs get overshadowed by others, and that some bugs that are fixed somehow reappear in another patch. It's ridiculous because it shouldn't happen with a massive company like this, but it does.

i been sarcastic