[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New account new character no new player event equp

AzzatoAzzato
Reactions: 540
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Made a new email, made a new account, made a new character. I have leveled to 60 now, but I can't find where there new player equps are supposed to come from. Someone told me Casandra has a quest in the event hall and it gives me equp boxes....but she doesn't have anything but the silly rainbow quests.

What gives?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    New player rewards are for new players, not new accounts of old players.
  • AzzatoAzzato
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

It is a brand new account, new email and everything, so what gives?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Event may've ended.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Azzato
    Azzato said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Brand new account, yes, but are you a new player, or do you have an older account?
    If you have an older account, Nexon knows it, and doesn't give you the "new player" rewards.
  • AzzatoAzzato
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Event may've ended.
    Says in game the event goes till the 15th
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Azzato
    Azzato said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Brand new account, yes, but are you a new player, or do you have an older account?
    If you have an older account, Nexon knows it, and doesn't give you the "new player" rewards.
    I wish there was a downvote option
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Azzato
    Azzato said:

Aggraphine

Event may've ended.
    Says in game the event goes till the 15th
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Azzato
    Azzato said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I wish there was a downvote option
    Truth hurts.

But, feel free to make a Customer Support Request (ticket) or contact Customer Support Live Chat. Maybe they won't say, "Our records show that your account is associated with an existing account."
  • AzzatoAzzato
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Azzato
    Azzato said:

Aggraphine

Event may've ended.
    Truth hurts.

But, feel free to make a Customer Support Request (ticket) or contact Customer Support Live Chat. Maybe they won't say, "Our records show that your account is associated with an existing account."
    FYI, they said no such thing. They said it is a know bug with the Kinesis class and the event.
  • N00BS4UC33N00BS4UC33
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    Event probably ended. Don't listen to AKradian, if its a new email and everything they cant "associate" it with one of your other accounts.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    N00BS4UC33

Event probably ended. Don't listen to AKradian, if its a new email and everything they cant "associate" it with one of your other accounts.
    Yes because email address is the only thing they associate accounts by. There's certainly no IP address to check against other accounts to see if it's actually a new player or not.
  • N00BS4UC33N00BS4UC33
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

N00BS4UC33

Yes because email address is the only thing they associate accounts by. There's certainly no IP address to check against other accounts to see if it's actually a new player or not.
    Unless they've recently starting putting resources into doing this, it doesn't happen. Nexon doesn't put the effort into tracking IPs for no reason.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    N00BS4UC33

Aggraphine

N00BS4UC33

Unless they've recently starting putting resources into doing this, it doesn't happen. Nexon doesn't put the effort into tracking IPs for no reason.
    We've been told that they are working hard on making life more difficult for botters (specifically making it more difficult for them to make new accounts when they get banned). A rather large part of that is just such a system that can associate accounts. Whether its been implemented or not I don't know, but its not outside the realm of possibility anymore
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    N00BS4UC33

Aggraphine

N00BS4UC33

Recently?

http://forum2.nexon.net/showthread.php?1333399-Did-not-receive-the-10k-Maple-Points-from-introductionary-event&p=11171014&viewfull=1#post11171014

"New account" event from two years ago. The reward was a bit more than Empress gear, it was 10k NX. Nexon checked IP addresses and didn't give the 10k to new accounts of existing players.

Maybe they've "recently" stopped checking.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited October 2016
    There are indeed restrictions placed so old users can't farm or mass farm event items meant for brand new players.
    Lilyflower
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited October 2016
    Azzato
    Azzato said:

Made a new email, made a new account, made a new character. I have leveled to 60 now, but I can't find where there new player equps are supposed to come from. Someone told me Casandra has a quest in the event hall and it gives me equp boxes....but she doesn't have anything but the silly rainbow quests.

What gives?
    there are people who are butt mad about events that are meant for new players?
    ARE YOU NOT ASHAMED!
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    WillScarlet

Azzato
    Azzato said:

What gives?
    ARE YOU NOT ASHAMED!
    Of course they aren't
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

WillScarlet

Azzato
    Azzato said:

What gives?
    ARE YOU NOT ASHAMED!
    Of course they aren't
    that is like going to kindergarten and complain at the teachers that you didn't get free lollipop WHEN YOU ARE 20 SOMETHING ADULT!
    ONLY RETARDS DO THAT!

• ElGusanitoElGusanito
    Reactions: 820
    edited October 2016
    the toxiticy on this threat is huge and not coming from the one who started it saying he want the event stuff but from all the rest of u insulting him or saying its not supposed to give u the thing, I don't even know what it is that u get with that event but if its a empress set as one of u said, empress set is completely worthless for an old player to be sheetin about it. Thing is this, I know that maybe this is not the case for this player particularly but have u ever even consider the possibility he either quit before his old acc and want to start all over from a new one? or changing worlds nd same stuff, or lost the information from his previous acc? or got hacked or well this might be the worst one but got baned? I think u should ppl consider what u are saying before jumpin into conclusions nd giving toxiticy to the forums on ppl just asking something with out being rude
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Technically that new account with a new email is a "new player" to the game and server. Nexon knows this and new player rewards should be allotted unless they are time/event specific. In this case they probably are.

And yes, I program games. That's how it works.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Technically that new account with a new email is a "new player" to the game and server. Nexon knows this and new player rewards should be allotted unless they are time/event specific. In this case they probably are.

And yes, I program games. That's how it works.
    Did you check the link I provided upthread to a past "new player" event?
    Maybe your games work that way. Nexon's doesn't. Or doesn't always.
  • AzzatoAzzato
    edited October 2016
    @Akradian

FYI, got a responce back, yes Kinesis are broken for the new player event and get nothing
    Tried a blaster. Got the pet, but never got any equip boxes
    Third try is a charm, made a night lord...ding.... winner winner chicken.....lvl 140 eqiup box....

"Nexon's Game" works that way.

/thread
    AKradian