[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Starforce can go f itself

UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
Reactions: 1,555
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Rants and Raves
sick and tired of the failures from 10-15 my f**king god

and ppl want to buy 15 star weapons cheap.. yea go f urself and try it urself

go try it and see for urself
JettLuvsUkoppelo1foussiremixLilyflowernihiri

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    *Hugs *

Don't worry friend,i feel with you.
    Tried to get my utgard arm shooter to 15 stars and my penslair suit and got always fails and wasted like 30 mill meso even though I always hit the middle in star catching.
    *falls on ground dramalike and cries*
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    *Hugs *

Tried to get my utgard arm shooter to 15 stars and my penslair suit and got always fails and wasted like 30 mill meso even though I always hit the middle in star catching.

Yea, hitting the star in the red bar feels useless

How do I expect it to be 15 if the damn thing struggles to reach 13 stars..

It goes like 10 > 11 > 10 > 10 > 11 > 12 > 11 and so on

By the time i knew it I don't have a 15 star weapon and lost billions and billions of mesos f**k me..
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    *Hugs *

My Fafnir is at 14 stars...Am I ever going for 15? Hell no.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited June 2017
    *Hugs *

why are you even starforcing a utgard weap and not a faf or abso and etc

• GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited June 2017
    *Hugs *

cuz yolo
    JettLuvsU
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    *Hugs *

Lvl 154 angelic buster me
  • LordOfNightLordOfNight
    Reactions: 925
    edited June 2017
    The struggle is real. It gets really scary when you keep on transitioning from the 13 Star >< 14 Star > 15 Star as your weapon will have a chance of blowing up. In my past experience of star forcing my fafnir wep, it would always stick with 13 or 14 stars, wasting a ton of mesos (hundreds of millions), and one time when I tried to go from 14 stars to 15, my fafnir wep blew up. On that day, all that pent up rage accumulated and my skin started turning green. Alas, I eventually reached 15 stars at the cost of my sanity.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited June 2017
    *Hugs *

Lvl 154 angelic buster me

You can still get faf stuff at lv 150 it's only like 200m or do you not have enough
  • EvoraEvora
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, the whole system is just built to frustrate us it seems. Pretty sure I've wasted hundreds of millions (and maybe a few hours of my life?) on bouncing between 6 and 10 stars while trying to get 140 starforce on all my mules. Wish I'd found out about union sooner so I could have spaced all this crap out a bit more. >.<
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Evora wrote: »
    Yeah, the whole system is just built to frustrate us it seems. Pretty sure I've wasted hundreds of millions (and maybe a few hours of my life?) on bouncing between 6 and 10 stars while trying to get 140 starforce on all my mules. Wish I'd found out about union sooner so I could have spaced all this crap out a bit more. >.<

Wait...why 140 star force?!
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

The Legion (AKA Union) system that's replacing character cards and part-time jobs uses your character's Star Force and level to determine how much damage they deal to the boss during a raid.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

The Legion (AKA Union) system that's replacing character cards and part-time jobs uses your character's Star Force and level to determine how much damage they deal to the boss during a raid.

well I know that...but why 140 Star force...all of my characters are 140 or higher (except a couple name mules) ...seems Im going to have to use up my spell trace hoard to get spare mesos for this.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

well I know that...but why 140 Star force...all of my characters are 140 or higher (except a couple name mules) ...seems Im going to have to use up my spell trace hoard to get spare mesos for this.

Because the new Omega Sector starforce area requires 140 SF.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    starforcing to 15 is not easy :/ it's sad it gets 100% destroyed the struggle is real!.
    ImaBlast
  • Player1Player1
    Reactions: 1,040
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    theres a way to get 140 starforce without going over 11 stars tho .-.
    2 zak face accessories 18 stars
    1 ht ring, necklace, and earring 30 stars
    1 cracked belt 10 stars
    1 120+ hat 10 stars
    1 120+ overall 11 stars (stars double for overall so 11 x 2 = 22)
    1 120+ shoes 10 stars
    1 120+ glove 10 stars
    1 120+ cape 10 stars
    1 120+ wep 10 stars
    1 ghost ship badge 10 stars
    for a total of 140 star force :)
  • ImaBlastImaBlast
    Reactions: 1,225
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I agree with the sentiment. Especially when dealing with something like Tyrant gloves. 400 coins and then if you try to go over 8 stars all that time was a waste. For Reboot players I wish they'd lower the cost of the gloves, it's not like can trade or sell them for profit.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I mean, I can actually understand how to Star force so it's fine with me
    Of course, I never got to the point where items have the chance to break yet.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited December 2017
    I just stop at 12 star force, with my luck I would 100% destroy anything if I even tried. Just saying, but back in ems, when empress set was still the best available, I got my first endgame weapon, managed to scroll it thanks to an event (first and highest leveled character, so no funding available). A couple of those scrolls failed of course, and then I drop one of those 1% clean slate scrolls. 1% success, 2% chance to destroy the item upon failure. I thought well what could go wrong? 2% chance, never gonna see it happen. End of the story, the weapon got destroyed, I quit the game for a few months.
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited December 2017
    starfociring is giving me cancer
    60% success rate whereas failure rate is 40%
    more like the other way round.
  • DeckiatvDeckiatv
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited February 2018
    LagTooMuch wrote: »
    starfociring is giving me cancer
    60% success rate whereas failure rate is 40%
    more like the other way round.

i don't why but when it comes to starforce i get good rng for(except tyrants those can get OUT OF HERE)
    not like i've not had problems with them i only star 12 due to low success rate.
    but keep in mind that this game is very rng based so pick your poison.