[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Livestream] The Great Wondroid Escape 6/2/2017

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited June 2017 in Announcements
Greetings Maplers!

Catch this week's livestream as I attempt to rescue the Wondroids from Aspire. We'll be running a show every week on Friday so if you have some spare time, feel free to drop by! Watch us here on the official MapleStory Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/maplestory

The livestream will start @ 2:00 PM PDT / 9:00 PM UTC / 5:00 PM EDT
Hope you can make it!

83VDI7C.png

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    I am sorry Arwoo... :C Good luck with B1
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Please don't use the in-game scrolling text to advertise the stream.
    That thing is intended for emergency use only. There was a time when Nexon abused it to advertise cash sales and stuff, and as a result players stopped looking at it at all, and missed important notices.

It's also very disruptive, since it obscures buffs.

So, please don't do this again. You have all the social media, you can put a notice on the Nexon Launcher too, but leave the game alone.

Thank you.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    That thing is intended for emergency use only.

????
    They use it for 2x events all the time, and they've used it to advertise streams in the past, including KThxBaiNao's streams, as I recall.
    JettLuvsUAlexFVimiFirewolfslayerUmbraEstella
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    That thing is intended for emergency use only.

????
    They use it for 2x events all the time, and they've used it to advertise streams in the past, including KThxBaiNao's streams, as I recall.

They do use it for 2x, but sparingly. It doesn't stay up the whole 3 hours, just appears periodically, briefly. Still annoys me, but I guess it was requested by people who can't remember when 2x is and don't notice that it tells them when they logged in.
    I don't know about KThxBaiNao's streams, he used to stream at 3AM my time so I was never playing when they happened.
  • VimiVimi
    Reactions: 1,760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    This should be good. Have fun at B1
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Vimi wrote: »
    This should be good. Have fun at B1

It already happened~
    He died like 6 times! XD
    It was awesome!!! He was Jax, too!!!! <3
    Firewolfslayer
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    KTBN's streams were only advertised in-game once or twice. Most of the time viewers came regularly because there was a schedule, and then people spread it in-game on their own.

I don't personally mind the banner, but it'd be better if there was a regular streaming schedule than these short notices.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    KTBN's streams were only advertised in-game once or twice. Most of the time viewers came regularly because there was a schedule, and then people spread it in-game on their own.

I don't personally mind the banner, but it'd be better if there was a regular streaming schedule than these short notices.

Opening post says they'll be streaming every Friday at the same time.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    SadVirgin wrote: »

Having the banner gets more people into the stream, simply because a lot of players don't frequent the social media, or website.
    I think it should stay, it's for 1 hour every week and in my opinion... it's not the end of the world.

Once the Friday schedule is more set in stone for everyone - then I could see the banner removal.

In that case, why not run the banner all week?
    If you run it only while the stream is active, you miss the people who elected to do something other than Maple on Friday afternoon. But if you tell them on Thursday that there's a stream tomorrow, I'm sure some would change their plans.
  • DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited June 2017
    the lifestream was fun, nice achievement, but on the other hand we already heard the jump quest could be done

for a next lefestream it might be more challenging to try an impossible achievement.........
    lifestream someone trying to finish a game of monsteropoly without bugs and getting stuck
    at least that would be a real challenge
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited June 2017
    Yeah, the JQ is bull, but it's not completely impossible (just catering to a minority of platformer fanatics). Let's see Arwoo complete the minigame event. :P
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    The event took place in Taiwan MapleStory (TMS) and its original name is Beautyroid.
    Here is an interesting way of how the player has cleared B1 for all rest of wondroid except of the first one (I found it useful and I adopted that way, too):

Note: This video was recorded by a player from TMS.

I found the event is taking place in Japan MapleStory (JMS), too (link to the japanese page"]link to the japanese page).
    Firewolfslayer
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The event is now taking place in MapleStorySEA!

They use the original name given for the event BeautyRoid alongside other names which were
    given originally by the producers such as the Atelier d'Avenir for the factory.

• FirewolfslayerFirewolfslayer
    Reactions: 610
    edited July 2017
    Boosted