[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

how do you win in omok?

YuuikoYuuiko
Reactions: 1,130
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in General Chat
i figured it played like tic tac toe and yet i keep randomly losing, how tf do you play this?

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Omok requires exactly 5 pieces to be lined up in order to win. No more or less.
    Yuuiko
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited June 2017
    Just as previously said, omok requires 5 pieces in a row either diagonally or in straight lines horizontally or vertically. Here's a basic strategy guide to help you think of moves.

http://aeons.worldgoo.com/t1048-spikeai-s-omok-strategy-guide

Overall, I found it pretty useful, especially the advice about keeping on the attack.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    ill pm you some tips for omok, not to toot my own horn cause im not that flexible but Ive won every omok game ive played.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited June 2017
    by not playing
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited June 2017
    you have to get 5 in a row, this is most commonly done by having 4 in a row with your opponent only being able to block 1 side of it.
    A good way to play is by having lots of 2 in a rows near each other and creating chains of 3 in a rows to force your opponent into placing pieces to block you instead of making their own lines.

Eventually you'll think of ways to strategically do so to make winning plays (or they just might happen)

And the best way to win is to line up your pieces to make an intersection of 3 and 4 (even if the 4 in a row is blocked on 1 end)