[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How much % Drop Rate should i get on my gear?

SyFyCakeSyFyCake
Reactions: 200
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Anyone know what is % drop rate on my gear should i have before diminishing returns?

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    with the upcoming update in mind, maybe only 100%
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited June 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    with the upcoming update in mind, maybe only 100%

from my understanding of the beyond patch, cap is 300%

its all addition instead of multiplication

so if you were to have 200% in drop gears then have a wolf underling which is equal to 100%
    you're at cap right? does this make drop coupons and cs coupons useless?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Honestly...my guild mates have said "Don't bother"
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2017
    If you want to farm cubes faster, get event/quest drops faster, get more equips to drop from bosses to extract for superior item crystal to sell or get rare items sooner, as much drop rate as possible but no more than 300%.
    After the drop rate nerf making everything additive, your first drop gear will already under diminishing return since you will usually farm with a spider, wolf underling, or lucky winter. So it might not be worth to get a lot of drop rate or it will take a long long time for it to pay for itself.
    Xenon92 wrote: »

from my understanding of the beyond patch, cap is 300%

its all addition instead of multiplication

so if you were to have 200% in drop gears then have a wolf underling which is equal to 100%
    you're at cap right? does this make drop coupons and cs coupons useless?

The drop rate cap only applies to item potential and not familiars, coupon, cash shop, event drop rate.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/66mzqo/nexons_response_to_drop_rate_changes_in_kms_v/

JettLuvsU
  • iHateForumsiHateForums
    Reactions: 560
    edited June 2017
    Nexon: Hey more and more people are quitting Maplestory lets implement a drop rate nerf that will bring people back... right?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Nexon: Hey more and more people are quitting Maplestory lets implement a drop rate nerf that will bring people back... right?

MapleStory is striving more in Korea than it is in North America, but Korea has less opportunities than us in many ways possible.

Most of these changes are in order to slow down in gobbling up content faster than the publishers can produce it. Besides the formula change it mainly impacts drop rate equipment and beyond (pun not intended) that penalizes nodestones, symbols and certain items, quest items, and event items.

Source: https://orangemushroom.net/2017/03/29/kms-ver-1-2-275-game-related-changes-colourful-maple/

The only thing I worry about the most if the drop rate impacts more people on the top as opposed to the bottom of the player-base. Because if it affects the players at the bottom as opposed to the top, we already know that at this rate, no one at the bottom will be able to catch up.

Just look at upgrading, potentials, nebulites, boss souls, bonus potential, star force, etc. The gaps are huge and the type of content being released doesn't help. Forget about Lucid altogether, how many of the active players (not hackers) can kill monsters in Arcane River alone?

The fact that they nerfed Vanishing Journey in KMS clearly shows that the content was way too difficult.
    JettLuvsUIvangold
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017

MapleStory is striving more in Korea than it is in North America, but Korea has less opportunities than us in many ways possible.

Most of these changes are in order to slow down in gobbling up content faster than the publishers can produce it. Besides the formula change it mainly impacts drop rate equipment and beyond (pun not intended) that penalizes nodestones, symbols and certain items, quest items, and event items.

Source: https://orangemushroom.net/2017/03/29/kms-ver-1-2-275-game-related-changes-colourful-maple/

The only thing I worry about the most if the drop rate impacts more people on the top as opposed to the bottom of the player-base. Because if it affects the players at the bottom as opposed to the top, we already know that at this rate, no one at the bottom will be able to catch up.

Just look at upgrading, potentials, nebulites, boss souls, bonus potential, star force, etc. The gaps are huge and the type of content being released doesn't help. Forget about Lucid altogether, how many of the active players (not hackers) can kill monsters in Arcane River alone?

The fact that they nerfed Vanishing Journey in KMS clearly shows that the content was way too difficult.

no longer a pun since it's override now
    JettLuvsU
  • iHateForumsiHateForums
    Reactions: 560
    edited June 2017

Without being told the formula changes it is guess work on our part.. BUT from all of the videos i have watched about the Beyond patch and the drop nerfs people go from around 10-12 Node stones an hour to a measly 1-2 per hour which is quite a significant difference.

More than a handful of people i know from my server are already preparing for these changes (They are quitting...)

Like i said in my earlier post, If Nexon truly wants to bring players back to the game they are not heading in the right direction and will more than likely be pushing more people away from maple rather than bringing them back by lowering the HP while also lowering the EXP gained by RoV mobs.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    Without being told the formula changes it is guess work on our part.. BUT from all of the videos i have watched about the Beyond patch and the drop nerfs people go from around 10-12 Node stones an hour to a measly 1-2 per hour which is quite a significant difference.

More than a handful of people i know from my server are already preparing for these changes (They are quitting...)

Like i said in my earlier post, If Nexon truly wants to bring players back to the game they are not heading in the right direction and will more than likely be pushing more people away from maple rather than bringing them back by lowering the HP while also lowering the EXP gained by RoV mobs.

I would actually prefer if they took a different approach towards Nodestones. Symbols are not useful after a player hits Level 15 and doing dailies for them no longer becomes worth it. If we were to change the rewards or have an option to choose between Symbols and Nodestones (completely untradeable) it would help all players to have a set rate of Nodestones per day instead by random chance.

Farming runs the risk of hackers taking control of the market. It has already happened and continues to happen with Elite Mobs and Bosses. Now it's being done with Nodestones. I always find it amusing that Nexon always punishes the players from getting additional rewards if the rates are too high, but when it doesn't benefit the player or when the rates are too low Nexon does nothing about it.

Looking back at recent issues such as Bonus Potential, Nebulites, Commerci Voyages & Sweetwater, Flying Potion Lock Monsters, Star Planet, Mechanical Hearts, and Dragon Boat Festival are just some examples of this. It's disgusting and sad to see that we legitimate players are being punished for the reasons of hackers or because of ignorance and greed.

GMS may be less pay-to-win altogether in comparison towards KMS. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't change anything. If anything, change is mandatory if GMS ever wants to have a bigger, brighter future. We need action to make changes, not just consideration and discussion.
    Petalmagic
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

I'm already ready, my 1-2 per hour will become 1-2 per week.

---

Fixed...sorry about that.
    DarkPassenger
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    Orblit wrote: »
    I'm already ready, my 1-2 per hour will become 1-2 per week.

I don't mean to be off-topic or rude, but can you please quote the right person? I don't want to be in a quote chain where those were not my words from the beginning.

Thanks in advance.

----

On the other hand, the affect on players with no drop rate is a boost but it's probably minimal and not significant. If you're referring to drop gear, ouch that really sucks. For familiars, buffs, etc coupons, and cash coupons I'm not too sure what will happen to them so it may be a hit or miss.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    They should have just nerfed drop gear and not touch anything else...
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2017
    the affect on players with no drop rate is a boost but it's probably minimal and not significant.

It's not a "boost" to anyone. Less funded players or just people without drop rate gain nothing from a drop rate nerf, and people already setup will be less able to farm nodestones, raising their price in the market and subsequently making them harder to obtain for those who buy them instead of farming.

Nexon probably has some deluded perspective on the value of nodestones. You already need an excessive amount to level your nodes decently, and yet somehow Nexon thinks they're far more valuable than that, as shown by the drop rate nerfs and currently, the 50 coin price of nodestones in the Dragon Boat coin shop.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    It's not a "boost" to anyone. Less funded players or just people without drop rate gain nothing from a drop rate nerf, and people already setup will be less able to farm nodestones, raising their price in the market and subsequently making them harder to obtain for those who buy them instead of farming.

Nexon probably has some deluded perspective on the value of nodestones. You already need an excessive amount to level your nodes decently, and yet somehow Nexon thinks they're far more valuable than that, as shown by the drop rate nerfs and currently, the 50 coin price of nodestones in the Dragon Boat coin shop.

Even though it does clearly state:
    • The drop rate of Core Gemstones has been increased.

In the overall combined weigh that would be true. I've already addressed this in my previous posts.