[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wondroid Jump Quest Difficulty

catplayer64catplayer64
Reactions: 510
edited June 2017 in Rants and Raves
So is Nexon actually going to "balance the difficulty" of the jump quest or should I just give up now? I have spent countless hours for 10 days to rescue the first android and it has been frustrating trying to save another these past 6 days. Nexon clearly doesn't care about their players when many have been complaining for good reason and so little has actually been done and adding instructions to B4 for the first android does not count as balancing the difficulty. Additionally, many have said, "Oh, it isn't even that difficult, just spend another 2 hours" while another 2 hours for me has only resulted in more frustration. Also, what some people find easy others may find difficult but you only think for yourself when you say it isn't that difficult. But, in all honesty, all I want is to actually be able to complete the event, it has been however many days into this event and I am sure everyone who wanted a "Challenge" got just that, now can you do something for the people who have barely rescued one android and make the event a little more easier, although that had better not be just for the first android like your attempt at balancing before. Why can't you just get rid of the second half of B1 that doesn't even make sense to have to go back, or at least make a check point like people have been asking for. This game used to be stress relieving, but adding events like this is just stressful. Not everyone has 6 hours a day just to dedicate to an event and honestly I feel like the gms ignoring this issue is just going to result in losing players. More people would want to play the game if they could enjoy an event, and yes I get that making the event easier isn't fair to people who already completed it but they could get another android for an alt character, or at least not have to listen to people complain about this event on the forums anymore. And maybe, more people would spend money to try and get outfits for their androids if they could actually get them. There are so many reasons to fix this event rather than to just ignore it.

Comments

• TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited June 2017
    It's a Taiwan MS event - they're pretty brutal (like MMF last year)
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited June 2017
    I can understand your frustrations, but I don't think completing easy events creates player loyalty.

You should focus on how you're feeling so you can understand the mechanisms behind your reactions and find something to protect yourself mentally, then find something to complete for yourself personally (in-game).

At the end of the day, if you can do that, his event can blow over. It's not healthy to obsess over this.

DreamWeaver
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I felt the same way, until I saw a pro Mapler on YouTube fail miserably at the event, too. After that, I didn't feel so bad about giving up. JQs are the worst.
  • AntroxiousAntroxious
    Reactions: 870
    edited June 2017
    To be honest just grind your teeth and stick with it, or give up. Not all events should be simple hand-aways. The first try took me 2 hours or so, but after that I was able to complete it within 20 minutes (Even with the 'harder' androids such as Apollo). Once you get the hang of it, it becomes quite easy. Jumpquest have a reputation of not being easy at all...especially if I remember the old JQ's we had.

And like you said, not everyone wants the same. If you want an easy event, you'll have to sit this one out. It's a event with good rewards, so IMO it's worth all the pain and deaths.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited June 2017
    if u cant do it then don't bother