[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Will the Wondroid event ever return in the future?

SpiritSpirit
Reactions: 1,365
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in General Chat
I'm unable to get coins for the heart and android because there's not enough time left. High leveled people keep entering the map, causing me to die and lose my runs. Is it safe to assume this event will be back someday? Or does it seem unlikely to make a return? Really need some insight. I'm bummed if I'll never get another chance with this event as I'm on Reboot. We never get opportunities for permanent hearts.
Jennnnnnnnnn

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Big elaborate events like this rarely come back, unfortunately.

However, there's still some slight hope that Nexon will fix the instantiation in this week's maintenance.
    If not, then hopefully they'll bring the event back, after they fix it, to allow people to get what they worked for.
    deadend5193
  • SpiritSpirit
    Reactions: 1,365
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I've as figured such. Thank you for the reply. It's quite a downer. I'll remain hopeful they fix it or at least bring it back one day.
    JettLuvsUdeadend5193Sherri
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2017
    If it does return it will probably be months or even a year from now.

We would get a slight hint if maple music festival would make a return since it was a similar event from TMS.
    JettLuvsU
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited June 2017
    After all the hate they got for the JQ nonsense and the elitist gatekeeping it inspired, I really hope Nexon NA either scraps this event or nerfs the hell out of it should try ever try to run it again. Events should be accessible to everyone, not a handful of old-timers from the days of John's Bucket and Shumi's Coin.
    emperor52deadend5193
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited June 2017
    Dunno about you but that JQ was ez as fk after rescuing the 2nd android.
    It's more of a speedrun at that moment. I don't say " omg get gud", but you should have had a lil bit more patience.
    JettLuvsUNeospector
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    Dunno about you but that JQ was ez as fk after rescuing the 2nd android.
    It's more of a speedrun at that moment. I don't say " omg get gud", but you should have had a lil bit more patience.

Personally, I agree. Practice makes perfect. I have 22 androids rescued so far, three days away from that storm growth potion.

Not-so-personally, @Spirit and anyone else who wants the event to come back:
    You can make a suggestion and that suggestion can be forwarded. I can't make any guarantees but if it has enough support the event can come back. Unlike crossover events like SAO and AOT, this event doesn't require any licensing hurdles to jump over, so it may be easier to bring it back than those events.
    JettLuvsUSpiritJennnnnnnnnn
  • xsuperDxsuperD
    Reactions: 210
    edited June 2017
    WatcherCCG wrote: »
    After all the hate they got for the JQ nonsense and the elitist gatekeeping it inspired, I really hope Nexon NA either scraps this event or nerfs the hell out of it should try ever try to run it again. Events should be accessible to everyone, not a handful of old-timers from the days of John's Bucket and Shumi's Coin.

All the hate? You do know people who enjoys/like something tend to not talk about it.

When you like something you're less likely to talk about it but if you dislike something, most people tend to complain instantly.

Many people including me enjoyed the event. Finally a good event that wasn't the boring collect and kill monsters. This is an end game heart. If you cannot do the NERF version of the Aster part of the jump quest, then you should not be able to get the heart. If you can't do that, then you would struggle badly with the non-nerf version of the others wondroids.
    JettLuvsU
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    xsuperD wrote: »

All the hate? You do know people who enjoys/like something tend to not talk about it.

When you like something you're less likely to talk about it but if you dislike something, most people tend to complain instantly.

Many people including me enjoyed the event. Finally a good event that wasn't the boring collect and kill monsters. This is an end game heart. If you cannot do the NERF version of the Aster part of the jump quest, then you should not be able to get the heart. If you can't do that, then you would struggle badly with the non-nerf version of the others wondroids.

and some of us just aren't born for jump quests. Unfortunately I do NOT want this event to return. It caused me and many of my friends a lot of grief...and tears were shed over it.
    WatcherCCG
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited June 2017
    Thankfully, they are fixing the instancing stuff and hopefully the levels issue is fixed too. Here's hoping everyone can get their heart/roid they want in time.

As some people have mentioned, this is a Perm Heart that doesn't cost any cash. I liked the fact that they made it so you had to put in effort to obtain it instead of it being really simple and easy to obtain. People complaining about how hard it is really need to understand that a game's content does not cater to any 1 player. Everyone was challenged, with sweet grand prize at the end of it, those who can complete the challenge will be rewarded. "Some of us aren't born for jump quests" - I hope you realize Maplestory used to have dreadful jump quests that EVERYONE pretty much did or had to do once in their life. Zakum Jump Quest for example. If you couldn't do it, you couldn't get the equipment you wanted, or the free scroll you wanted, or be able to fight Zakum. In the end, patience and skill were tested, those who can't complete it, too bad so sad. There were tutorials and advice everywhere on this JQ.
    SpiritJettLuvsU
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited June 2017

this opinion doesnt help anyone in th community or nexon
    for starters am glad nexon did try something diferent i hope they keep up with a mix of things to do in order to entertain the players
    after a while it gets boring to kill 200 "insert random mob name" for an item type of event

am happy that jump quests came back with a twist the wondroids are meh but i like the level 120 heart more than any of the wondroids
    the jump quests are not hard at all there are guides in youtube and tips but like a lot of people said already patience is key

if you get triggered &/or depresed because you fail at somepoint
    instead of getting angry think what went wrong on your part so you wont do it again
    this event is acesible to everyone its your choice to avoid it or to give up in the middle of it
    this comes from one of those you call old-timers
    JettLuvsUWatcherCCGSherri
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited June 2017
    Believe it or not, I actually liked the idea of a jump quest event. This had potential to bring back a part of Maple that is looked back on with equal parts love and loathing. What I did not like was the instant death traps and the fact that one JQ run for an android is actually FOUR runs, with no checkpoints betwen and bugs that gobble up entries the way Zakum used to gobble up level capped players pre-BB. Some people simply do not have the patience or the reaction time and reflexes for "I Wanna Be The Guy Lite"-style trial-and-error gameplay. All respect where it's due to everyone that did, but to my understanding, JQ masters have always been a minority in Maple Story. Maybe that's changed in my time away from the game, however, given an event like this was able to run and see activity.

My honest suggestion would be that the next time Nexon drops a JQ event, they tone down the hazards a bit. That's all I ask. The platforming itself was just right, but the hazards really made this event a dud for me.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited June 2017
    I came back to playing MapleStory at a bad time. Missed out on a lot of events, I bet.
    Though thank goodness I came back to a Burning Event :D