[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Corrupted Spirit of Harmony

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited June 2017 in General Chat
lol_zpsbciw3h1v.png
Oh sweet, a new boss! I can't wait! I wonder what it'll be like! Maybe it has all new abilities, and maybe it will let us get the rest of the Arcane Umbra equipment. Maybe it'll be super powerful...
Corrupted%20Spirit_zps74rhnz6t.png

...Oh...
Well maybe it's server sided, and has a lot more HP than that...

(Skip to 34:45)

Really Nexon? Propping up weak quest bosses to generate hype? #fakenews

And no, there isn't a stronger version in the game as of now.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    it's just the boss of Arcana, just like the boss of Vanishing Journy, (both happen to be the first part of 3 areas)
    it's also part of the story that this is a "powerful boss" that is corrupting the other spirits.

wont expect the rest of Arcane equips until we get to the 6th area.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited June 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    it's just the boss of Arcana, just like the boss of Vanishing Journy, (both happen to be the first part of 3 areas)

Clearly the sarcasm went over your head, or you didn't read the entire post.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »

Clearly the sarcasm went over your head, or you didn't read the entire post.

Well considering that there is a serious post complaining that the update highlights didn't contain all the info regarding the Legion system, I can see someone making a serious post like this.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited June 2017

Well considering that there is a serious post complaining that the update highlights didn't contain all the info regarding the Legion system, I can see someone making a serious post like this.

I posted this thread with the intention of showcasing how ridiculous it is for Nexon to put a quest boss on a pedestal as if it's as important as, say, Lucid. Yes, it's part of the story, but in the grand scheme of bosses, you fight it once and then never again.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited June 2017
    And what was the point?...What did you accomplished?
    Cuz all i see is a whining jett.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited June 2017
    The point is to figure out why Nexon is trying to artificially generate hype for a boss that I'm sure someone will be disappointed to find out isn't a significant boss. If you don't like it, too bad.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Don't fight, please.
    The point is to figure out why Nexon is trying to artificially generate hype for a boss that I'm sure someone will be disappointed to find out isn't a significant boss. If you don't like it, too bad.

They're hyping the boss because it's a boss. It doesn't have to be on par with Lucid for it to be important. It's just building the hype for the area.
    They're doing the same for the OMNI-CLN boss from Omega Sector:
    170602_omegasector_item.gif
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Don't fight, please.

They're hyping the boss because it's a boss. It doesn't have to be on par with Lucid for it to be important. It's just building the hype for the area.
    They're doing the same for the OMNI-CLN boss from Omega Sector:
    170602_omegasector_item.gif

Difference is you can actually fight that boss every day (does look like a fun boss fight, actually) instead of just once, and it makes sense in that case.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Difference is you can actually fight that boss every day (does look like a fun boss fight, actually) instead of just once, and it makes sense in that case.

Considering you can fight both Arma and the Slurpy Tree multiple times, I'm not sure why the Spirit of Harmony might be different. Especially if/when the monsters are added to the collection.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

Considering you can fight both Arma and the Slurpy Tree multiple times, I'm not sure why the Spirit of Harmony might be different. Especially if/when the monsters are added to the collection.

They didn't dedicate extra space and time to prop those bosses up as if they're the next big thing, that's why. Slurpy Tree is also a quest boss normally, but can be fought multiple times in the Muto PQ. Would be nice if an upcoming Arcana daily would add the Spirit of Harmony as a boss to fight within a PQ or something similar, but I don't know if we're going to get one any time soon.