[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Possible Perm autoban issue?

jasonmbrownjasonmbrown
Reactions: 635
edited June 2017 in Bug Reporting
So I've been away for 6 months. Just yesterday I decided I would redownload Maplestory via Steam. I still had some files left over and steam wouldnt update them so I completely Uninstalled Maplestory. I did a full Reinstall/Redownload. I tried logging in today, and about 3-5 minutes after selecting broa and a channel, While the game had the Connecting Circle (3-5 would normally be an abnormally lengthy load time). I got the Blue text box saying this account was banned. I just told steam to Validate Maplestory's files, and it reports that 2 of them are Invalid and will be redownloaded (then proceeds to not download anything).

I have already submitted a ban Appeal ticket. My only reason for posting this here, is to Ask if anyone else has gotten perm banned for trying to login with steam recently (I saw someone in the account help section, saying they had been banned and havent even played before)

Comments

• jasonmbrownjasonmbrown
    Reactions: 635
    edited June 2017
    Ive been asking around, and I can't be perm banned since I can still access the EU server and make a character. I was told that If your perm banned your banned on both servers. So whatever is going on, is a bug?
  • BeyondardBeyondard
    Reactions: 710
    edited June 2017
    You can be perma banned on the NA servers and still be able to access the EU server.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    I actually do know someone who lost their account to a "ban" via steam. I can't ask him about it because he is a poo poo :P