[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hasty Hunt Hidden Mission not working as described

CassafrasCassafras
Reactions: 200
edited June 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest glitch

Brief bug summary: The Hidden Mission for Hasty Hunting this week will not show up on other characters after unlocked by one, despite the NPC Cassandra stating it can be done by any other character in the account

More details: I first went through the Hasty Hunting Daily event before the maintenance yesterday with a new character created for the Burning Event. After completing the daily mission, that character received the Hidden Mission, and I saw the beautiful Autumn Swan Boat offered as a reward for completing said Hidden Mission. I would rather have it on my main than an alt, and NPC Cassandra said very clearly that the Hidden Mission can be completed by any character on the account, so I switched back to my main and grinded through the daily Hasty Hunting again to get to the weekly. After completing the daily missions on my main character (same world as the burning alt), the quest for the weekly Hidden Mission did not show up. Relogging several times and going to the Event Hall to speak to NPC Cassandra directly did not fix the issue.

Character name: OracleFay (main)

Character level: 194

Character job: Phantom

World name: Broa

Date and time of the incident: Friday, June 9th, around 4-5 AM EST.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    same.
  • Kat27Kat27
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited June 2017
    This also occurred to me and my partner. They finished the haste quest on a their main after starting the hidden mission on an alt and the quest will not show up on the main.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for the report, I've passed it on.
    Invulgo
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    it's going to be way too late by the time someone does anything about it, and i'll bet you they won't give any compensation for it
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited June 2017
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo guys,

The haste mission was never world wide on any of the other events. The kills you have on one character doesn't add to an account wide counter for tracking this quest.

It appears the quest dialogue in itself is the issue here.

I've forwarded this feedback to have it corrected in the future.

Thanks guys.

You've solved nothing. The quest dialogue doesn't matter. If you activate the hidden mission on one character, you can't make it appear on any other character. You're stuck with whoever you made it appear on. You can't even begin it again on another character if you made a mistake, it has nothing to do with whether your kills carry over or not. You haven't read the post at all. Jesus.

What's worse is that the time is ticking on an extremely short event and if you don't do both weeks you get completely screwed. You're already screwing us with the wondroid event, isn't that enough?
  • CassafrasCassafras
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2017
    chooz wrote: »
    You've solved nothing. The quest dialogue doesn't matter. If you activate the hidden mission on one character, you can't make it appear on any other character. You're stuck with whoever you made it appear on. You can't even begin it again on another character if you made a mistake, it has nothing to do with whether your kills carry over or not. You haven't read the post at all. Jesus.

What's worse is that the time is ticking on an extremely short event and if you don't do both weeks you get completely screwed. You're already screwing us with the wondroid event, isn't that enough?

Though I think they were a bit harsh in wording it, I do have to agree with this poster's sentiment. Whether or not the quest dialogue is accurate or not is irrelevant, the issue is that we cannot acquire the weekly mission on any other character once we've acquired it on one, despite going through the prerequisite daily missions. This essentially traps us with a mission of killing 4,444 monsters for an untradeable chair on a character many of us do not want the chair on. It's unfair, to say the least.

Having said that, I do not believe in the slightest the quest dialogue is actually faulty here, because the dialogue went out of its way to specify that this time around, we'd be able to complete it with any characters in that same world - whoever wrote it clearly understood that previous events did not have this feature, and wanted to point out that it was different this time around.

The autumn swan chair is really a beautiful prize, I would sincerely appreciate it if you could put out a fix for this so we can at least get the weekly quest on the desired characters rather than whoever got it first, before the week is up.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Honestly...the last event it worked with all characters on a world...this time it doesn't. Quite annoying to me...since I wanted to train on my Kanna and got the hidden on my Main.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Honestly...the last event it worked with all characters on a world...this time it doesn't. Quite annoying to me...since I wanted to train on my Kanna and got the hidden on my Main.

Agree with this one. Last round I activated the kill quest on my main and the kills on my link skill mule I was training then counted for it. This resulted in me having an easy time getting the rewards on my main. I figured this time around I'd do it again but get the rewards on an alt since my main already has it. And this happens.

If they're going to insist this is just a "text issue" then the least they can do is make the rewards tradeable within account. Most, if not all, has activated the quest on their mains anyway. Adjusting the trade restriction on the rewards would make this less of an inconvenience.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »

Agree with this one. Last round I activated the kill quest on my main and the kills on my link skill mule I was training then counted for it. This resulted in me having an easy time getting the rewards on my main. I figured this time around I'd do it again but get the rewards on an alt since my main already has it. And this happens.

If they're going to insist this is just a "text issue" then the least they can do is make the rewards tradeable within account. Most, if not all, has activated the quest on their mains anyway. Adjusting the trade restriction on the rewards would make this less of an inconvenience.

Yeah...cuz I don't want hte dmg skin on my main...I already have the chair on my main too.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    chooz wrote: »

Heyo,

Note that OKhura did pass along the feedback regarding the quest not appearing on other characters.
    I was simply adding that I don't believe the kill were tacked account wide since a user had posted the reddit link in here also.
    See above for the original reply forwarding the issue.
    KerBansot wrote: »

If they're going to insist this is just a "text issue" then the least they can do is make the rewards tradeable within the account. Most, if not all, has activated the quest on their mains anyway. Adjusting the trade restriction on the rewards would make this less of an inconvenience.

I'm going to look into it again, I've done all 3 haste events - and the players I did check with confirmed it didn't add up as explained here.
    It wasn't a matter of dismissing the matter - if it is an actual bug we will send the bug report along. We could be remembering it incorrectly.

I have one follow up question; once you complete the 44k kills, can you claim the reward on another character?

Thanks for all the input guys!

I can't recall...I do know I have the damage skin on my Bishop, and the chair on my Main...so in theory its possible...but I did both weeks. So...I can't confirm.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited June 2017

I'm going to look into it again, I've done all 3 haste events - and the players I did check with confirmed it didn't add up as explained here.
    It wasn't a matter of dismissing the matter - if it is an actual bug we will send the bug report along. We could be remembering it incorrectly.

I have one follow up question; once you complete the 44k kills, can you claim the reward on another character?

Thanks for all the input guys!

I'm not entirely sure. I'm only on 32k kills atm. However, here is all I can remember:
    Previous haste event:
    Accepted 44k kill quest on bucc
    Kills on aran counted
    Bucc has the chair
    Neer has the damage skin (although it's possible I simply transferred it from my bucc since, unlike chairs, damage skin coupons are almost always tradeable within account)

This haste event:
    Accepted 44k kill quest on bucc
    Kills on zero, neer and wh NOT counting
    chair status: tbd (most likely will end up on bucc as a duplicate at this point seeing as how it's untradeable)

UPDATE: finished the 44k kill quest on bucc,
    o23y5vK.jpg

did not appear for zero who already has the quest activated before I finished the 44k kills. Same for neer and WH. didn't bother ssing the last two.
    EorXbgW.jpg

Tried to accept the quest on a new char, nothing:
    p7eKA1n.jpg

damage skin status: tbd

Edit: updated
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited June 2017

If you can confirm that you can't complete (as in claim the rewards) on different characters for me - that would be great.
    I completed it myself and can't test it now.

Thank you guys again for the input! I'll add all the info into our bug report.

Updated my post above. Hope that's enough.
    AlexF
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Once again though, it matters very little since all characters are locked out from even seeing the hidden mission if you've already revealed it on one character in the world, even if you complete all the main missions on those other characters
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    One thing that should be easy to do is make the Swan Chair, damage skin, and Fastest Mapler title, all tradeable in account.
    It won't help those who wanted to do the 44,444 kills on another character and are stuck doing it on a less suitable character, but at least once they're done with that the chair won't be redundant.
    (Changing item tradeability will require a patch to the client, though, so I would not expect it to happen before the big Override patch unless something else more urgent needs patching).
    Its2Sharp4UKerBansot
  • YuuikoYuuiko
    Reactions: 1,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I have the same bug and it's on my DK which means there's definitely no way of even completing this now.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Yuuiko wrote: »
    I have the same bug and it's on my DK which means there's definitely no way of even completing this now.

Why? Because it's poor at mobbing?
    You can leech kills.
    My alliance goes as a group to MP3 for these things. With several people attacking, and a Kanna for Kishin, it goes very fast.
  • Kat27Kat27
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited June 2017
    I completed the first week on my burning marksman and the 2nd week on my NL and now I can't get the tittle on my main nor my NL. I can only recive it on my marksman (who I hate) because she's the one who did week 1.

6/17 7:30 AM

Steps to reproduce: Be the victim of the haste only on one character for the entire week bug.
    Complete the first weekly mission on one character, unlocking the title mission
    Complete the 2nd weekly on a different, better character.
    Then you can't get the 2 weeks title on anyone but the first character.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    You're still unable to claim the title on anything but the character who activated the first week's hidden mission. Nobody on staff has paid a single iota of attention to this and it'll never be fixed. Nexon only cares about things that prevent them from getting more of your money. The event ends today, and nobody will get anything where they need it.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Kat27 wrote: »
    I completed the first week on my burning marksman and the 2nd week on my NL and now I can't get the tittle on my main nor my NL. I can only recive it on my marksman (who I hate) because she's the one who did week 1.

6/17 7:30 AM

Steps to reproduce: Be the victim of the haste only on one character for the entire week bug.
    Complete the first weekly mission on one character, unlocking the title mission
    Complete the 2nd weekly on a different, better character.
    Then you can't get the 2 weeks title on anyone but the first character.

I gave up on the event when I did it on my main (Cuz I have been far too busy training my alt characters, mainly my Kanna and my Resistance characters, going to probably start Kaiser tonight) ..I really like the damage skin but Id rather do it on the whole account (cuz Im not killing 44k mobs on my Main when I need to train other things right now)