[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Resolved] Cygnus Damage Reflect

SilvaSilva
Reactions: 1,085
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Damage Reflect

Brief bug summary: When a party member "accidentally" hit Cygnus with Damage Reflect active, the member with lowest HP dies.

More details: We noticed this when we were bossing, that whenever Cygnus activate Damage Reflect and someone hit her, our Bishop always die. We thought it was a Bishop specific skill or maybe a bug of some sort. However, after consulting with a friend, we can to a conclusion that it may be a bug, whereas the party member with lowest hp take the full brunt of the Damage Reflect even though he/she did not hit Empress Cygnus.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Enter Cygnus's Chamber with at least 2 party members.
2) Hit Cygnus when she activate Damage Reflect with the highest HP party member.
3) Watch the idle party member with lowest max HP dies.

Character name: SilvaLau

Character level: 218

Character job: Blade Master

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident:
17th June 2017 - 07:00 PM (GMT+8)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    That's intentional.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    That's intentional.

That reminds me, although the effect of it is intentional , the activation of its effect is way too early.

The party member of the lowest HP will die even before the Damage Reflect indicator is displayed on Cygnus.

For every other single boss in the game (there was a change I believe), that players will not die during the initial cast until the Damage Reflect indicator is shown.
  • SilvaSilva
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    That's intentional.

That reminds me, although the effect of it is intentional , the activation of its effect is way too early.

The party member of the lowest HP will die even before the Damage Reflect indicator is displayed on Cygnus.

For every other single boss in the game (there was a change I believe), that players will not die during the initial cast until the Damage Reflect indicator is shown.

If that is indeed "intended", then I don't remember in which updates they've changed the mechanics on how Cygnus's Damage Reflect works. It's not on Orange Mushroom blog, nor on Nexon's Update Highlight!

We can't take anything on Wiki pages as facts. Everyone is free to edit the pages on Wiki and for all we know, this could be an unintended glitch...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Silva wrote: »
    That's intentional.

If that is indeed "intended", then I don't remember in which updates they've changed the mechanics on how Cygnus's Damage Reflect works. It's not on Orange Mushroom blog, nor on Nexon's Update Highlight!

We can't take anything on Wiki pages as facts. Everyone is free to edit the pages on Wiki and for all we know, this could be an unintended glitch...

They didn't change Cygnus, which is why you don't see a change listen on any blog.
    She's always been like that, picking on the weak.
  • SilvaSilva
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    That's intentional.

They didn't change Cygnus, which is why you don't see a change listen on any blog.

I asked a friend who always did Cygnus since way long ago, and they said that they don't remember Cygnus EVER had a mechanic like this, until they implement the death count thing, that is.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    That's intentional.

I asked a friend who always did Cygnus since way long ago, and they said that they don't remember Cygnus EVER had a mechanic like this, until they implement the death count thing, that is.

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=56330&p=969923&viewfull=1#post969923

This is a post from 2012, randomly commenting on how her DR targets the person with least HP.
    Silva