[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Nova Thief

Xenon92Xenon92
Reactions: 2,125
edited July 2017 in Non-GMS Content Discussion

YES ITS A THIEF!!! NEW BOSS TOO OMG

https://orangemushroom.net/2017/06/18/kmst-ver-1-2-051-maplestory-nova-new-job-cadena/

Still not sure why it doesn't have any wings or tail, and even horns. In the anime version, it clearly shows all 3..
She's the princess of Nova, she turns into Cadena and loses her wings tail and horn in the animation as well but idk.. doesnt feel nova..

Moras is also coming!! 5th island.

BTW the flying mage guy looking person, Do you guys think he's possibly another class? I feel Mage Nova vibes on him, 2 classes in a row!!!

a quote from Max of Oblog

" and if you wait until the end, maybe even another new job…?"

I feel its possible, he does look like a mage and shows Nova qualities because he wears the same robe as Christine in Pantheon.

Edit: finally an explanation on why she lost her horns, wings and tail.

https://orangemushroom.net/2017/07/05/kms-ver-1-2-279-maplestory-nova-cadena-the-chain-of-liberation/

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    Woah awesome

New Nova thief (Cadena/Kadena) and a new place added to Arcane river called Moras.

the nova theif looks awesome and reminds me of Hazama/Yuuki Terumi from BlazBlue
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited June 2017
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »

Fascinating.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    What's the new boss? the class looks cool though. Super curious about the update but I can't find translations yet.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    What's the new boss? the class looks cool though. Super curious about the update but I can't find translations yet.
    there is no boss, at least not yet, as this is going to be a 5 patch update for KMS. they did however tease something near the end of the video, which may be the next boss but it's not elaborated on.

Apparently Cadena was a shadow merchant that uses a "Chain Art" system and can summon weapons.

card/Legion effect is Increased luck (LUK) 10/20/40/80/100

New daily quest has been added to Arcana called Spirit Saver, it's a quest to get Arcane symbols for that area

https://translate.google.co.kr/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ko&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.insoya.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=bbs11&no=8939&edit-text=&act=url

ere are the patch notes in google translated english

the Video shows, new class Cadena, New 4th chapter in the Grand Anetheum (or w/e it's called), New Area to arcane river "Moras", and "Finally, this will be revealed" (Picture of mysterious girl from Arcana) and then a teaser of something else that looks really cool, possibly a boss.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    there is no boss, at least not yet, as this is going to be a 5 patch update for KMS. they did however tease something near the end of the video, which may be the next boss but it's not elaborated on.

Apparently Cadena was a shadow merchant that uses a "Chain Art" system and can summon weapons.

card/Legion effect is Increased luck (LUK) 10/20/40/80/100

New daily quest has been added to Arcana called Spirit Saver, it's a quest to get Arcane symbols for that area

https://translate.google.co.kr/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ko&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.insoya.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=bbs11&no=8939&edit-text=&act=url

ere are the patch notes in google translated english

the Video shows, new class Cadena, New 4th chapter in the Grand Anetheum (or w/e it's called), New Area to arcane river "Moras", and "Finally, this will be revealed" (Picture of mysterious girl from Arcana) and then a teaser of something else that looks really cool, possibly a boss.

Wonder if it will be gender locked...wonder if we get a character slot expansion (cuz 40 slots is not enough to be able to make one unless i give up another character...)
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2017

Wonder if it will be gender locked...wonder if we get a character slot expansion (cuz 40 slots is not enough to be able to make one unless i give up another character...)

You can make male or female, but character slots, we'll have to see. Doubt it though
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Ok...I just realized....Cadena has no wings, tail, or horns?! That just crushed it cuz that is one of my favorite things about the Nova characters...Unless they plan on adding them in official server...if not...I am super sad.
    JettLuvsU
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2017
    I am against deleting characters, waiting for more character slots so I can fit a Cadena into my roster.
    JettLuvsU
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited June 2017
    I'm glad I keep 5 slots open for this type of situation
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017

Same....but I am losing it over the whole NO WINGS thing. WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME NEXON?!
    JettLuvsU
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited June 2017

Same....but I am losing it over the whole NO WINGS thing. WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME NEXON?!

i'm hoping its a mistake too, that they forgot. but in the animation version, when she becomes Cadena, she also doesnt have them

pre-Cadena, she has them. Maybe it'll be within the storyline of why she loses them?

Edit:

Anchovies
    June 18, 2017 at 7:11 pm Reply
    Her not having wings / a tail is part of her storyline, she loses them in the Magnus fight apparently? Not entirely sure.

Yeah, its possible she lost them during something in the storyline, if so then im okay with it, as long as it makes sense..
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »

i'm hoping its a mistake too, that they forgot. but in the animation version, when she becomes Cadena, she also doesnt have them

pre-Cadena, she has them. Maybe it'll be within the storyline of why she loses them?

Edit:

Anchovies
    Her not having wings / a tail is part of her storyline, she loses them in the Magnus fight apparently? Not entirely sure.

Yeah, its possible she lost them during something in the storyline, if so then im okay with it, as long as it makes sense..

-sigh- I want a Nova class with wings...that isn't completely...bad? -coughs in the direction of Kaiser-
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    edited June 2017

Edit:

Anchovies

-sigh- I want a Nova class with wings...that isn't completely...bad? -coughs in the direction of Kaiser-

worry not mate, we might get another Nova class at the end, i completely missed out on it till Max mentions it.

the dude at the end of the video could be Nova mage. I edited my thread.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017

Edit:

Anchovies

worry not mate, we might get another Nova class at the end, i completely missed out on it till Max mentions it.

the dude at the end of the video could be Nova mage. I edited my thread.

He doesn't have horns...but hey, WINGS
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    The first thing that came to my mind after seeing Cadena's skills was:
    "Die monster. You don't belong in this world!" - Richter Belmont
    Because Cadena's main attack skill totally reminds me of Castlevania.

While Chain Arts: Chase gives me a Bionic Commando feeling.
    JettLuvsU
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »

And a dash of Jinx (League of Legends)

I've always wanted to main a Weapon-Master type class... Just not Phantom.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017

2gwYH1c.png

Not Nova wings, however. Also, the pointed ears.
    Spadow has mentioned speculation that it's actually Darmoor, which might indicate even further expansions to Grandis.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

2gwYH1c.png

Spadow has mentioned speculation that it's actually Darmoor, which might indicate even further expansions to Grandis.

Hehe...I hope for future winged Nova classes then.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

2gwYH1c.png

So Chris Brown is Darmoor (if that is indeed Darmoor). I should have known!
    JettLuvsU