[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Override Registration Event Bug

KairekuKaireku
Reactions: 200
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Does anyone know if anything is going to be done about the bug that made the Register button disappear despite the event not ending yet? I sent a ticket just like one of the forum moderators suggested but all that Nexon told me was to delete my cookies which obviously didn't help. Is this going to be addressed or just swept under the rug?

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Pretty sure the Override Registration and Share Event ended on June 19, 2017 at 11:00 AM PDT.

However, if you were experiencing issues prior to that some people experienced similar issues to what you were describing.

At the best you will have to wait for a Volunteer Forum Moderator or a Forum Moderator to clear things up for you.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Pretty sure the Override Registration and Share Event ended on June 19, 2017 at 11:00 AM PDT.

However, if you were experiencing issues prior to that some people experienced similar issues to what you were describing.

At the best you will have to wait for a Volunteer Forum Moderator or a Forum Moderator to clear things up for you.

I think he was talking about this thread. The event was SUPPOSED to end at 11 AM PDT, but it seemed to have ended sometime before 1 AM PDT. (my guess is it ended at midnight PDT - I looked at the js and it said end date: 6/19/17, presumably under the website's server time, which they used this thingy: link. though they could've passed in a time somewhere else. didn't spend too long digging.)

My guess is, this'll get swept under the rug lol. I don't think a lot of people were affected by it. Or they aren't being very vocal about it. An irl friend of mine that just started playing recently got affected by it though. It worsened his already-low opinion of Nexon lol.

Would be nice if they reopened the event as compensation. Or just gave the gift box to everyone that logged in within the past week. Would be hard to reopen the event, though, cuz aren't we supposed to get the rewards tomorrow or something?
    Its2Sharp4U
  • KairekuKaireku
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2017
    Yeah I was talking about that bug. I'm also a new player. I came back to the game after a year and a half and was happy to find out that I still had a few hours to register. I lvled up a character to lvl 33 and everything just to get that bug =\

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »

I think he was talking about this thread. The event was SUPPOSED to end at 11 AM PDT, but it seemed to have ended sometime before 1 AM PDT. (my guess is it ended at midnight PDT - I looked at the js and it said end date: 6/19/17, presumably under the website's server time, which they used this thingy: link. though they could've passed in a time somewhere else. didn't spend too long digging.)

My guess is, this'll get swept under the rug lol. I don't think a lot of people were affected by it. Or they aren't being very vocal about it. An irl friend of mine that just started playing recently got affected by it though. It worsened his already-low opinion of Nexon lol.

Would be nice if they reopened the event as compensation. Or just gave the gift box to everyone that logged in within the past week. Would be hard to reopen the event, though, cuz aren't we supposed to get the rewards tomorrow or something?

Thank you Fennekin for giving the issue more visibility. It's unfortunate such thing occurred for the Override Registration and Share Event to end earlier than intended.

Sadly that means there HAS to be visibility on this. I wish for the best when a Volunteer Forum Moderator or a Forum Moderator steps in on the issue.