[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Magnus can go to hell

UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
Reactions: 1,555
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Rants and Raves
Never thought magnus could get any more stupid and annoying but it did

before i have to get in his range for regular damage and worry about the falling meteors

but now i have to be forced to be in his range?? are you serious right now...

im getting damaged every 2 seconds if im not in his range

on top of that i cant heal any time i want

the worst is the 30 minute wait before entering again..

great boss man, great boss...

Comments

• RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited June 2017
    I feel you, man. It took me a while to get used to the DoT after it was implemented. The more you die at the harder bosses, the more you'll learn about their attack patterns and mechanics.
    2ManyAlts
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Magnus...if he weren't so dang adorable I'd probably hate him...-drools like the foolish fangirl that I am-
    RissanessfoussiremixDough
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2017
    The more you die at the harder bosses, the more you'll learn about their attack patterns and mechanics.

The problem with Magnus is that no matter how well you know the boss and how well you can can deal with his attacks, RNG will still screw you. That and the DoT is completely ridiculous thing when combined with everything else, especially how Magnus will spam attacks and essentially zone you out of the blue area, which is the only place you can recover and not take DoT damage. That and it appears DoTs in general stop you from double jumping, buffing, etc when they tick.

Essentially, there's just too much to deal with. Take out 1 or 2 things, highly preferrably the DoT and gas, and it'd be a much less irritating experience.
    Fennekin
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Magnus...if he weren't so dang adorable I'd probably hate him...-drools like the foolish fangirl that I am-
    um.... magnus is not cute his ugly and plays unfairly and I hate him.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    um.... magnus is not cute his ugly and plays unfairly and I hate him.

-is extreme Magnus Fangirl- Magnus is my life man...I fell in love at first sight...
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited June 2017
    Magnus isnt that bad, DoT is manageble and all is about learning, raging, more rage, completly insane throw your computer outside the window rage. But in the end you will learn more and more and soon enough you wont feel like you will have to throw your computer through your window to be able to kill him =)
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited June 2017
    dude just go do ez magnus if you cant do normal/hard magnus
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Magnus isnt that bad, DoT is manageble and all is about learning, raging, more rage, completly insane throw your computer outside the window rage. But in the end you will learn more and more and soon enough you wont feel like you will have to throw your computer through your window to be able to kill him =)

Nope when it comes to this, it doesn't matter

I already knew what magnus does and wat to look out for

The problem is that there are too many obstacles just to survive and damage him

Normal drops shards more often but yes I do ez as well

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017

Just give him a nice big hug...although sometimes I wonder if he thinks I am a creepy stalker...I visit him like...every day with flowers and sometimes I even bring him some snacks.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017

Just give him a nice big hug...although sometimes I wonder if he thinks I am a creepy stalker...I visit him like...every day with flowers and sometimes I even bring him some snacks.
    why don't u give him a nice big hug since u know ur a fan of him.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »

why don't u give him a nice big hug since u know ur a fan of him.

I do. Almost every day. Again...flowers and snacks.
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited June 2017
    Magnus is easy, this fangirl PetalMagic is just obsessed with Magnus.

Here's how you beat magnus for normal servers:

Marvel Machine, get your boots, cape, and belt from there.

Then you'll technically never have to touch Magnus in your lifetime.