[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

SaisSais
Reactions: 585
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: NPC functionality
Brief bug summary: When I try to trade in PERMANENT items that are clearly eligible to be traded in for stamps because they show up as options to trade in, I get the response that the item has a duration of less than 100 days and then the trade fails to resolve. I tried with several other nx items that were supposed to be eligible and none worked.

More details:
On one occasion the item was read as an Eye of Fire ETC item which is used for summoning Zakum showed up during the confirmation dialogue for the stamp trade instead of the nx item I had chosen. When that particular dialogue showed up, it told me to clear my ETC tab which had more than a dozen slots open. Any other time, the spot where the item is supposed to be displayed during the trade confirmation dialogue is blank. The dialogue ends up reading "Are you sure you want to exchange _ for (Avatar Box Stamp sprite) Avatar Box Stamp?" So the selected nx item doesn't even show up in the dialogue. After I confirm the trade I get "The duration of the item you selected is less than 100 days."

List of all the permanent, eligible nx items I tried to trade in, but failed to work:
Blue Hat Chat Ring
Green Hat Chat Ring
Chocolate Quote Ring
Rainbow Quote Ring
Colorbug Label Ring
Colorbug Chat Ring
Block Party Cap
Cape Shoes (F)
Cape Shoes (M)
Cape Beret
Sweet Chocolate Dessert Shoes
Wooden Bell Shoes
Fantastic Beach Cape
Chicken Mochi Hat

Steps to reproduce:
1. Speak to Ari the Avatar Stamp Trader in the Free Market
2. Click NEXT
3. Click NEXT again
4. Select the NX item you wish to trade in (in this case you can use the items listed above in the more details section as reference for the item to choose)
5. Click NEXT
6. Click YES

Occasionally, the chat closes immediately after step 4 regardless of the item because I've tried the same item more than once and the chat box sometimes closed before I could confirm the trade.

Character name: Sais

Character Level: 231

Character job: Dual Blade - Blade Master

World name: Broa/Khaini (The character was created in Broa)

Date and time of incident: June 21, 2017 4:21am (EDT)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited June 2017

Brief bug summary: 'Ari Avatar Stamp Trader' npc not working ok.

More details: The NPC not trading perm NX covers to stamps. This happens only if player buy NX cover from other player (not equipping it so its stay tradeable) and than try to exchange it to stamps. if player get it from surprise box he opened by himself, this issue won't appear.

Steps to reproduce:
    Buy NX cover from other player, go to 'Ari Avatar Stamp Trader' NPC and try to exchange this to stamp..
    1:
    Maple0013.jpg

2:
    Maple0014.jpg

3:
    Maple0015.jpg

Please fix this,
    Thanks
  • lolatverololatvero
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited June 2017
    Same problem as above ^ :/
  • Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,880
    edited June 2017
    Same issue as above

edit: works through different character
  • SaisSais
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Glad I wasn't the only one with this issue.
  • zSethzSeth
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    same issue here (in Luna)
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited June 2017
    i won't mind for unscheduled maintenance to fix this >_<"

Please fix this nexon
  • xSakuraHimexSakuraHime
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2017
    I am having the same issue as well with all my permanent nx items that are eligible to trade for stamps. I am a little sad that this issue wasn't included in today's maintenance, but maybe it will be fixed anyway? :/
  • NequeoNequeo
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    something that worked for me - try entering cs and put the nx covers in and back out, exit and try trading again
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017

Brief bug summary: When attempting to trade in an nx item that meets the requirements to the Avatar Stamp Trader, if it is at the bottom of the inventory when you're trying to trade the NPC will fail to trade and say "The duration for the selected item is less than 100 days".

If you put the nx item that meets the requirements in the higher rows of the inventory you will successfully receive an Avatar Box Stamp.

Date and time of incident: June 28th, 2017 @ 6:08 PM EDT
    Here is a video of the bug being reported and a workaround for this bug:
    JettLuvsU
  • SaisSais
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I've figured out a way to get around the issue. Just rearrange the nx items in your inventory, or click on the auto arrange icon at the bottom of your inventory window. It appears that the cash items are only read if placed in certain boxes of your inventory, namely the first several rows, but not the later ones, so keep all your nx covers at the top of your inventory slots and it should work just fine.

Either way, the work around does not resolve the issue, so I would still like to see this fixed.
    Beef
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Sais wrote: »
    I've figured out a way to get around the issue. Just rearrange the nx items in your inventory, or click on the auto arrange icon at the bottom of your inventory window. It appears that the cash items are only read if placed in certain boxes of your inventory, namely the first several rows, but not the later ones, so keep all your nx covers at the top of your inventory slots and it should work just fine.

Either way, the work around does not resolve the issue, so I would still like to see this fixed.

Maybe it's the fact it wasn't updated when we got an additional expansion in inventory slots.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited October 2017
    Bug type: Can't trade in Permanent NX from Harvest Box for Stamps

Brief bug summary: NPC would not trade them for avatar stamps

More details: The NX item haven't been worn. The NPC saids that their duration are less than 100 days. Some Item manage to get exchanged.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Bring certain items from the Harvest Boxes to Ari in the FM. Talk to him to get a list of NX cash items that can be exchanged. NPC replies that the duration of said items are less than 100 days

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Togoto

Character level: 223

Character job: Wind Archer

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 10/31/2017 2PM PST

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)