[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

So...new update now gets this...

SSVKSSVK
Reactions: 840
edited June 2017 in General Chat
So the new update already needed repairs within the first hr of completion, so i log in this morning and this happens...
https://pasteboard.co/dNbbViAY.png

anyone have any idea what this is about and why all of a sudden now i cant access?

btw, make an attachment upload link, dont feel like having to upload to random site just to show the message
    No results for this poll

Comments

• SSVKSSVK
    edited June 2017
    can't seem to get it to show so see link for the message...
  • SSVKSSVK
    edited June 2017
    after redownloading still doesnt work...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
  • SSVKSSVK
    edited June 2017
    sent it in hopefully this issue is addressed and im still curious if its just me or other people have this problem too
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    might be data corruption, you might have to delete everything related to nexon then redownload it
  • SSVKSSVK
    edited June 2017
    trying it again currently and did do that this time if that doesnt work idk ill wait and see what they say
  • SSVKSSVK
    edited June 2017
    still doesnt work even removing the folders doesnt help it at all, still getting that same message so i guess ill be out for a while or permanently...
  • KingReesesPuffKingReesesPuff
    Reactions: 600
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I assume you're running Windows 10?
  • SSVKSSVK
    edited June 2017
    nope running windows 8 actually i saw that issue with windows 10 but nothing on 8 however
  • KingReesesPuffKingReesesPuff
    Reactions: 600
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Hmm maybe its because of that? You might have to update to Windows 8.1 or 10 if you can. I'm running Windows 10 and I never got that error but that's just me.
  • SSVKSSVK
    edited June 2017
    sorry i actually run 8.1 but still so is windows 10 the only compatible version then
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    SSVK wrote: »
    sorry i actually run 8.1 but still so is windows 10 the only compatible version then

You should be able to run on Windows 8.1, I think.

It looks like you have a Black Cipher error; it's the Black Cipher anti-cheat system that's causing your problem, rather than the game itself. I would recommend you try the manual download located here to be sure.
    I did find one third-party solution to the error code, but it requires you download a .rar, so I wouldn't recommend it.
    SSVKDreamWeaver
  • SSVKSSVK
    edited June 2017
    ok thats appreciated ty
  • SSVKSSVK
    edited June 2017
    this solved the problem, ill keep this on reference next time i experience this :D