[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New training spots would be neat

NoComparisonNoComparison
Reactions: 1,275
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in General Chat
So I'm playing on this burning BW for fun at my shop every once in awhile (When I get some downtime.) and I'm looking for new generic flat maps to train on. I see the same spots on every video in YouTube and I'm just wondering if we are all missing out on some good maps?

Comments

• HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    There are lots of decent maps people genuinely ignore because they follow old guides online that only work if you're willing to ks others or level without 100% burning.

What level BW by the way? I might have some suggestions that are worth trying.
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

Arcana is coming, (Bunch of new training places)

and we're also getting Omega Sector~! (I'm told this is a bunch of new training spots also)

Actually omega is open if you use a vip rock, I already checked out the new maps and they're pretty good. I mean a really good alternative for 165-190 outside of future perion or ereve maps
  • IKizaruIIKizaruI
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2017
    So I'm playing on this burning BW for fun at my shop every once in awhile (When I get some downtime.) and I'm looking for new generic flat maps to train on. I see the same spots on every video in YouTube and I'm just wondering if we are all missing out on some good maps?

Consider this: Perhaps it isn't so much getting a map all to yourself that you should be focused on but your approach to the map that you happen to find.

From much trial and error I seem to come to the conclusion that leveling with 1 other or at most 2 other people on the same map can have extremely overlooked results. Having more players secures all kills quicker and thus boosting the respawn times on the mobs. And if one of 2~3 ppl had a Kanna alt to come sit on the map let alone a bishop the results start multiplying.

Maplestory tends to be a 1 player game but I find that community involvement or social involvement both ingame and out seems to get you quicker and better results. Personally for me it's a question of overlooking any self image or preferences I might have and go with whatever gives me the better result regardless of what it requires me to do. From a perfectly legal gaming experience mind you.