[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

These override box drop rates are MISERABLE.

choozchooz
Reactions: 1,815
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
reflects the state of the game rather perfectly if you ask me.
Dragooooooooon

Comments

• BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    In my opinion, the droprate is fine. You don't get flooded and you can easily get 100+ a day.
    JettLuvsUInvulgo
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited June 2017
    Considering that every box guarantees a coin until you get 60, I'd say it's okay. If you're having trouble getting boxes, you could use the Evolution System or Dimensional Invasion if you're 150+
  • UkrMaplerUkrMapler
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2017
    I'm getting a ton of these boxes, to be honest too many.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited June 2017
    UkrMapler wrote: »

Shhhhhhhhh... Boxes are fine.. No nerf needed!
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    BowmaNxNL wrote: »
    In my opinion, the droprate is fine. You don't get flooded and you can easily get 100+ a day.

This is great if you only plan on getting coins for one character.
    Considering that every box guarantees a coin until you get 60, I'd say it's okay. If you're having trouble getting boxes, you could use the Evolution System or Dimensional Invasion if you're 150+

Not an argument. Past events with the same system still gave more boxes. And getting boxes on mules? Good luck even getting 30 per run. It's ridiculous. Are we now expected to spend our entire days on this?

Now that's just an outright lie.
    Dragooooooooon
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    Not that difficult if you farm in the correct places.
    They drop in...
    • NLC
    • MP3
    • Ghostship 30-45 min for 60 boxes - Spider no kish
    • Fantasy Theme Park- CBD
    • Evolution System 15min = around 55-64 boxes - Spider no kish
    • Invasion Pq
    • Commerci Pq
    • Under the waterfall-Arcane river

Just make sure you're using a drop familiar like Big Spider, Ice Witch, Mixed Stone Golem, or Castellan Toad.
    Also, make sure you one shot what you're farming.
    Invulgo
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Got about 300 boxes in like half an hour, you just suck budy
    DankNugs
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Shhhhhhhhh... Boxes are fine.. No nerf needed!
    Got about 300 boxes in like half an hour, you just suck budy

hmmmmmmmm time for nerf ? huehue

hope not for real~
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited June 2017
    chooz wrote: »

Not an argument. Past events with the same system still gave more boxes. And getting boxes on mules? Good luck even getting 30 per run. It's ridiculous. Are we now expected to spend our entire days on this?

I'm having absolutely no trouble getting up to at least 60 boxes. It might takes two runs instead of one in Dimensional Invasion if I don't have a drop rate increase familiar, and even then I only needed 3-5 more boxes to reach 60, but otherwise, it's not hard.

Besides, why would you need more boxes if each box guarantees a coin? It'd be one thing if the box only has a random chance of giving a coin, but having the drop rate too high is only going to take up inventory space since you'll only ever be using up 60 a day anyway. Past events might have the same system that gives more boxes but it doesn't necessarily mean that's good.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Hakufu wrote: »
    They drop in...
    • NLC
    • MP3
    • Evolution System 15min = around 55-64 boxes - Spider no kish
    • Invasion Pq
    • Commerci Pq

Just make sure you're using a drop familiar like Big Spider, Ice Witch, Mixed Stone Golem, or Castellan Toad.

Absolutely not possible without funding or a high enough level past 150. Not if you want to do these events on many characters.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I like how we've gotten to the point where we're being begged to create 40 characters but everyone wants to be fine with not having the time for 40 characters
  • IKizaruIIKizaruI
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2017
    A good farming spot for your boxes is the 157 "Ghost Ship 6" farming spot. A lot of people use this location for meso farming and box farming. Rates are extremely high, more so I've noticed with a drop familiar active. So food for thought.
  • YuuikoYuuiko
    Reactions: 1,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    the 60 coin cap ruined my plan to save until the weekend, im over this event already :p
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited June 2017
    They drop in...
    • NLC
    • MP3
    • Evolution System 15min = around 55-64 boxes - Spider no kish (Room 3)
    • Invasion Pq
    • Commerci Pq

Absolutely not possible without funding or a high enough level past 150. Not if you want to do these events on many characters.

Uh-huh, now it just sounds like you're just making up excuses. You can farm both Evolution system and NLC monsters at level 100 not funded with mixed golem familiar. Albeit you will likely have to do all three runs in evo system to get your boxes w/o spider (45 min per character)-(3 hours and 40 min a day for five charas)
    If you think that is too long to farm 300 boxes I don't know what to tell you.

If you're honestly expecting to farm on 40 characters and not be on all day, then you're dreaming.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    if this is making excuses, then the only thing the "override" event stands for is how it's overridden people's good sense.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I like how we've gotten to the point where we're being begged to create 40 characters but everyone wants to be fine with not having the time for 40 characters

Gahahaha what are you smoking?? Its never possible to have enough time for 40 characters idiot

The extra characters are for link skills and whatnot but not taking advantage of an event

At the most you can use 4 maybe 5 characters to take advantage of events
    Hakufu
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    It was never possible, except for all the other box events where it was possible. So it was always possible. Moron. Are you sockpuppeting? That's what it looks like.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    ...Are you kidding me? With just a spider...I can get 60 boxes in one DI run...multiply that by five...You get PLENTY. =3=
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    ...Are you kidding me? With just a spider...I can get 60 boxes in one DI run...multiply that by five...You get PLENTY. =3=

The guy wants to do it on 40 characters, hes delusional.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

The guy wants to do it on 40 characters, hes delusional.

Hell...if all 40 of my characters had spiders...I might consider it =3= but what do ya know...I only put spiders on my main/farming characters.