[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

2x Coupons interruption, Instability and Lagspikes

KitKatKitKat
Reactions: 400
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know this is kind of a rant because I'm a little mad at the game, but I'm also suggesting some changes here.

So, yesterday I was grinding for 2x farming for nodes and symbols.

I used a total of about 4-5h worth of 2x drop coupons, during a play time of about 1h30min untill I lost my patience.

Please make it so Drop coupons keep counting down the timer like the EXP coupons, because specially lucky winters that are tradeable are not super cheap to get by, specially if u're only taking advatadge of only half of its time. What's the point of getting 2x events, if we can't take advatandge of it with other multiplier coupons, specially with the daily deals with the discounted cs 2x coupons, if we're going to experience rage inducing instability, dcing every 15-20 minutes. Some times it even took like 3 min for me to dc, so that was one entire lucky winter wasted. Drop coupons need to last over disconnections, it's not my fault to dc, my internet connection is stable and i have a overkill pc for a game like maplestory, so why do I need to suffer loses from it?

About the lagspikes, I experienced more then needed, specially with the combo orbs. Not sure if its the 5sec buff it gives or whatever, but I had to turn off my NL mark skill to get less of those, so I could play with a more stable game. Either we need an option to disable combo orbs entirely, because they're straight out useless after lvl 220, giving out marginal exp (even with aran link) for the problems they can cause to some people, or to find a way to fix this issue.

Comments

• xNihilityxNihility
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited June 2017
    This always seemed like a common sense thing to me, and after they implemented persistent 2x exp buffs I was surprised they didn't do the same for drop coupons. I would also like to add that pendant of spirit should have some kind of persistence time [5 or 10 minutes] in case of D/C, finally getting 30% bonus exp for being on for a few hours only to D/C randomly can be so frustrating.