[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Leeching no longer an option

lizzybethlizzybeth
Reactions: 1,320
edited June 2017 in General Chat
So it finally happened...not that I'm surprised....I knew this day would come lol. It seems nexon has finally decided to base this game as 200+ which I'm not shocked..hence why the leeching aspect is gone. I understand why though if you think about it from a player stand point it is nearly impossible to get the amount of exp at 200+...And seeing as most of the player base is now 200 if not higher it does make sense. it is possible but it is very slow in comparison to killing by yourself. Still it is sad for the players that are newer and don't understand the new skills or the places to train. =( rip parties. I will miss this old way of training lol. Oh Well.

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited June 2017
    Hue, if someone gets to 200+ and they don't know what's going on, I'm slightly concerned.

New players aren't helpless, it just takes time to learn everything. Whether there's leeching or not.
    DarkPassenger
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    Wait I'm lost, why is leeching gone and why are you saying rip parties? Did they get rid of the party feature or the party exp feature?
  • lizzybethlizzybeth
    edited June 2017
    they got rid of party exp feature...meaning you cant really train with anyone now...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Wait I'm lost, why is leeching gone and why are you saying rip parties? Did they get rid of the party feature or the party exp feature?

Parties still exist and party exp is still given out.
    But if you're not participating in the killing, you get no exp.
    So yes, passive leech is gone.

I honestly don't understand lizzybeth's complaint, though. This change does not hurt real party play. It only hurts those who avoid partying other players, by leeching their own Kanna/HS mules on a second computer.
    DarkPassengerChingTheMonkeyHakufu
  • lizzybethlizzybeth
    edited June 2017
    I was complaining?? I was just stating it so people don't get confused especially new players..and old 1s coming back.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    The only characters this hurts (for me anyway) are my Bishop...and my Bishop.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    who even leeches in 2017?
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Well thats a rather good change.

More players killing mobs= faster leveling and fun

Leeching slows exp progress
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Parties still exist and party exp is still given out.
    But if you're not participating in the killing, you get no exp.
    So yes, passive leech is gone.

I honestly don't understand lizzybeth's complaint, though. This change does not hurt real party play. It only hurts those who avoid partying other players, by leeching their own Kanna/HS mules on a second computer.

Oh, well that sucks, cause my brothers usually want to leech off me when they have work and I'm off, but at least they didn't get rid of it completely.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    It only hurts those who avoid partying other players, by leeching their own Kanna/HS mules on a second computer.

I know a few Kanna mains who would provide kishin in exchange for leech lol. I also did that a few times on my own kanna, when I could work up the nerve to ask for it. Cuz apparently kishin more than makes up for the lost exp from leeching.

What counts as "actively attacking" anyway? If my kanna just has blackhearted curse, kishin, nimbus, and snow girl in the middle of a crowd of enemies, does that count?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    What counts as "actively attacking" anyway? If my kanna just has blackhearted curse, kishin, nimbus, and snow girl in the middle of a crowd of enemies, does that count?

As long as you're in combat stance (that breathing animation after you attacked or get attacked a mob) you will continue to gain exp. Otherwise no EXP is gained from leeching.
    DarkPassenger
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    It only hurts those who avoid partying other players, by leeching their own Kanna/HS mules on a second computer.

I know a few Kanna mains who would provide kishin in exchange for leech lol. I also did that a few times on my own kanna, when I could work up the nerve to ask for it. Cuz apparently kishin more than makes up for the lost exp from leeching.

Even Kishin alone counts (as long as it's hitting enemies).
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    Well thats a rather good change.

More players killing mobs= faster leveling and fun

Leeching slows exp progress

Not exactly, people can still leech as long as they're (Attacking)well placed kish or summon.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Oh wow, that's really easy to get around then lol. For Kannas anyway. Still have a chance to leech mine to 225...