[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Shadower: Secondary or Shield (Reboot)?

XenomataXenomata
Reactions: 2,595
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Secondary: Easy to get, provides a good amount of Wep Attack and Luck, and still counts towards Shield Mastery. Downside, can't be star forced.
Shield: Can be Star Forced, meaning it can provide a lot more Luck than secondaries can, and provides some Defense, for what it's worth. Downside, much harder to come by (Fearless Wristguard at this point only comes from the monk demon, Deimos Shadow Shield is exclusive to recipes that god knows where they come from, and VIP Thief Shield is locked behind random chance in Alien Visitors dungeon), and also provides no Wep Attack without potential.

I'm wondering, which is better for Reboot Shadower? Since we can't get the Dragon Khanjar, a Shadower kinda needs to pick between one or the other as opposed to stalking every shop in the FM for a Khanjar.
  1. Which is better for Reboot Shadowers?21 votes
    1. Secondary weapons.
       19% (4 votes)
    2. Shields.
       81% (17 votes)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Deimos shield recipe drops from Empress...I have like two of them :P
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    Also the timless/reverse from the temple, the shield drops from the boss.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

*I have not done empress ever, not even a carry, I know nothing :P

Does it still? I thought they removed all Reverse/Timeless drops from Pink Beans drop list?
    Probably still easier to do demon monk guy since the pres aren't atrociously long and he can be beaten at a reasonable level.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Xenomata wrote: »

Does it still? I thought they removed all Reverse/Timeless drops from Pink Beans drop list?
    Probably still easier to do demon monk guy since the pres aren't atrociously long and he can be beaten at a reasonable level.

I can carry you Empress with my friend :P I play Reboot as well.
    edited June 2017

Not that temple boss the level 145 place, oh yeah the monk guy, he drops the timeless shield, after you max it out in growth, it is better than the secondary.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Not that temple boss the level 145 place, oh yeah the monk guy, he drops the timeless shield, after you max it out in growth, it is better than the secondary.

Oh. That's what I meant by demon monk. Also what he drops is Fearless equipment/weapons, which is even better than Timeless equips.
    I can carry you Empress with my friend :P I play Reboot as well.
    It'd be appreciated... if you ever happen to run across Narushi the Shadower, lemme know.
    edited June 2017

Oh. That's what I meant by demon monk. Also what he drops is Fearless equipment/weapons, which is even better than Timeless equips.

fearless is just gachapon
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited June 2017
    If you are willing to farm for the deimos recipe, mutant ribbon pigs drop them.
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited June 2017

i thought cpb drops fearless
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017

i thought cpb drops fearless

I know my Bishop has a fearless shield from teh Monk Boss...sooo...o-o
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2017
    Shield is better than secondary because you can gain a lot of main stat due to starforce. Also good for Legion system or training more efficiently in star force map at SH or omega sector.