[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Third Party Gamepad program?

SouloSoulo
Reactions: 800
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Can I use a third party gamepad software to play Maple?

Comments

• MrCool59MrCool59
    Reactions: 740
    edited June 2017
    there is a built in controller program in the game that you can use i know since i use a Logitech gamepad f310 to play
  • UkrMaplerUkrMapler
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2017
    It's better to use a 3rd party program because Maplestory wont allow trigger keys to be mapped, among others on the Xbox controllers. I also like mapping joystick directions as buttons on my secondary stick. Some people use Xpadder. I programmed my own software for customization reasons however.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited June 2017
    There are a couple good ones, like xpadder, that can be used for keyboard mapping and other games as well
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Im not sure if Nexon will allow using a third party program like that...
  • ManiaclManiacl
    Reactions: 420
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    most games do so I don't think they would really have an issue with it but it's safe to ask try asking on live chat?
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited June 2017
    @Arwoo has adviced against using third party controller software (such as XPadder) on the official Discord Channel.
    bumbertyr
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited June 2017
    http://www.nexon.net/legal/end-user-license-agreement/

You will refrain from using any hacks, cracks, bots, or third party software which may modify, temporarily or permanently, the Software or the user experience of the Game, whether on your local machine or on servers which enable use of any features of the Game; and
    You will comply with all requirements and obligations of the Terms of Service, which is specifically incorporated into this Agreement and is made a part hereof.

I would highly recommend not using a third party controller software as it does break section 1.4 in the End User License Agreement..