[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ridiculed for maining Shade

XeraphimXeraphim
Reactions: 1,480
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Is there a reason not to? I enjoy the character.

A trio of metagamers flamed me in Arcane River for "maining Shade." Now I have a vague notion of what it is to main a character and though I rarely do that I enjoy Shade quite a bit. Yes, the DPS is a bit on the low end but is that the reason?

If so the Developers can fix that fairly quickly and give Shade some front-loading (Freebies) that doesn't stack on the back end (Potentials) that balances things. They make it very hard on newer players but I'm not here to compete.

Comments

• KelpTheGreatKelpTheGreat
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited June 2017
    Dude, Shade is a boss. Ignore the haters.
    JettLuvsUCount
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    Dude, Shade is a boss. Ignore the haters.

• RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2017
    At least you're playing something different, unlike the massive NL bandwagon. Shade has some good utility too, aside from damage.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2017
    Shades used be mad OP till they got nerfed to oblivion. 25 second bind and 30 second split, those were days. They're still top tier though even with low damage. They got a revive skill, a 3 hit invincibility skill, an 8 second invincibility, a potentially infinite 35% damage skill, practically no buffs, outright 100% stance passive, animation cancelling, 2 tele skills designed for bossing, roll the dice v matrix since they're pirates and basically infinite echo of hero thanks to spirit flow.

There's really no other class like it tbh.
  • BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    shade's bossing (at least hmag) is absolutely ridiculous... my friend mains shade and he can solo it with 800k less range than me... and i can't solo it...
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited June 2017
    BowmaNxNL wrote: »
    shade's bossing (at least hmag) is absolutely ridiculous... my friend mains shade and he can solo it with 800k less range than me... and i can't solo it...

800k less range? I feel like the problem isn't the damage but surviving. o_o

Shade is probably my secondary, but I haven't really touched him since he came out. Been on Ms hiatus for like a year or two. ;;
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited June 2017
    Play whichever class you enjoy playing.
    It doesn't matter which class you play, there'll always be a group of people somewhere who have something against it.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Who cares? Play what you like. I like Kinesis. Do I get called a botter? Yes. Do I care? No.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Ignore these rude dummies.
    I got harrased by demon avenger who constantly called me noob when I played on my mercedes.

Why do people even do this.
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited June 2017
    Play what you like and keep playing it even tho haters hate, IF YOU enjoy the class then dont stop playing it and just keep playing it just cause you enjoy it =)
    bumbertyr
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Pretty sure those guys would've ridiculed you regardless of what class you played lol. They were just being jerks, looked at your class, then proceeded to say that class is garbo. I'm sure they would've said the same thing if you mained AB, or Phantom, or Hero, or any class (even if one of them was that class lol).

But yeah, just main what you like. I mained MM back in the day when everyone said BM and Sair (and probably also NL) were way better ranged classes for bossing. I mained AB back in the damage cap days, where they were garbo cuz of low lines, even with their buffed damage cap. Not once did I consider changing just because people said they were bad lol.
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited June 2017
    I Play a db on Reboot and idm what you play.. Just play a class you really enjoy. Ignore those fools.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

:^)
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited June 2017
    The reason some of us don't like shade, is because the link skill you get is ass and does nothing to help your damage.

It's not even a 25% chance to dodge death, It's like 10-15%.

That doesn't provide much use to some of us.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    Why are you letting people's opinions dictate what you main? Shade is a character that we can create, that simple, if it werent viable, it wouldnt have been created.
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited June 2017
    Why are you letting people's opinions dictate what you main? Shade is a character that we can create, that simple, if it werent viable, it wouldnt have been created.

You think a 10-15% chance to dodge death is viable? o.O
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017

You think a 10-15% chance to dodge death is viable? o.O

when did i mention "make a shade for the link" hes talking about maining a shade. If you can create a character, create it, otherwise it wouldnt be an option.

To OP: the only reason not to main a shade is if it isnt in the character creation list.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited June 2017
    Play what you like and keep playing it even tho haters hate, IF YOU enjoy the class then dont stop playing it and just keep playing it just cause you enjoy it =)

Exactly! It's Your story, you choose how it's written!