[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Scania or Reboot for someone returning?

FraudrinFraudrin
Reactions: 310
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Hi! I'm thinking of returning to the game and it's been about a year since I last played. I'm unsure of which server to play on though. I'm mostly interested in the social aspect of the game, so which server between reboot and scania would have a livelier, funner player base? P2W doesn't bug me.

Comments

• UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Both are pretty good in population, but in reboot you sacrifice trading/selling/buying between other players which is a big part of the game

• ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited June 2017
    Reboot is pretty boring.

Regular is too expensive.

Since you are interested in the social aspect then probably Reboot is for you.

If you aren't paying for your damage in regular servers then nobody will even talk to you. That's just how competitive this community has turned.
    kelev
  • MetaRaidMetaRaid
    Reactions: 860
    edited June 2017
    Scania if you like trading and having P2W options. Reboot if you like farming and gearing your characters without trading. Social aspect is a bit different, Reboot people can be more friendlier but watch out for the bad people.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited June 2017
    There's a lot of factors too playing a normal server compared to the reboot server.

You can trade in the normal servers, you can't in reboot

Cubes are sold for Mesos in Reboot while they're sold for real money in the normal servers

Reboot promotes a more social aspect however is more of a grind than the normal servers.

It's easier to progress in the main servers, however it's mainly due to the use of irl money.

these are just a few examples of what to expected when it comes to the differences between the servers. I'd recommend doing a thorough investigation into the pros and cons of each server and deciding based on your findings.

Welcome back and enjoy your stay!