[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Returning Player ~ Fresh Start ~ Questions

WolffieWolffie
Reactions: 300
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Hello my fellow community, I've decided to start playing again and also decided to start fresh account. I just have a few simple questions.

Reboot or Scania? - Which should I start on, I heard reboot there is no player trading/free market :(, but besides that is it still worth it?

Aran or Demon Avenger or Demon Slayer? ~ Which of these 3, should I start with?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Well, if the notion of spending a substantial amount of time grinding for mesos(read as: pretty much 95% of your time once you get to a certain point) and competing for maps to do so in sounds good to you, go with Reboot.

If you want to be able to just buy crap that you need, then go to Scania.

And if it's a choice between only those three classes, and you have nothing else on your account, go with DS first due to the lack of one type of potion being needed, then shift to Aran because Aran > DS in my opinion.

You should, at some point, make all three anyway, for the link skills.
  • WolffieWolffie
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Well, if the notion of spending a substantial amount of time grinding for mesos(read as: pretty much 95% of your time once you get to a certain point) and competing for maps to do so in sounds good to you, go with Reboot.

If you want to be able to just buy crap that you need, then go to Scania.

And if it's a choice between only those three classes, and you have nothing else on your account, go with DS first due to the lack of one type of potion being needed, then shift to Aran because Aran > DS in my opinion.

You should, at some point, make all three anyway, for the link skills.
    What lack of potion?, I was also thinking about trying out Blaster.

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Wolffie
    Wolffie said:

Demon Slayers don't use MP, so you won't be needing MP potions, is what he's saying. Which is good for beginners that can't just have power elixirs funneled from their other characters, though I wouldn't let it influence your decision too much. I'm sure if you asked around, someone would give you a few stacks of power elixirs, and even if not, regular potions aren't too hard to come by.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

Wolffie
    Wolffie said:

Demon Slayers don't use MP, so you won't be needing MP potions, is what he's saying. Which is good for beginners that can't just have power elixirs funneled from their other characters, though I wouldn't let it influence your decision too much. I'm sure if you asked around, someone would give you a few stacks of power elixirs, and even if not, regular potions aren't too hard to come by.

But if he decides to go for Reboot, asking around for a few spare stacks of them won't be an option.
  • Relic118Relic118
    Reactions: 725
    edited October 2016
    I mean, with all Nexon's doing to try to inject money into Reboot, I haven't had much trouble.

And I rarely see another person in the world honestly. I tend to play channel 2 on evenings of EST