[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

"Lesser Nebulite"?

AK712AK712
Reactions: 1,840
edited June 2017 in General Chat
WDJQ4
http://imgur.com/a/WDJQ4

So I have a [ B ] Lesser Nebulite (DEX) in my inventory. I don't remember how it got there, and searching for it on maple.fm, Google, reddit, and these forums seems to say I'm the only person who has one. Is this a broken Nebulite I somehow got?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Oh wow, this is hilarious.

When Accuracy and Avoidability were removed from the game, the nebulites that used to have those stats got DEX/%DEX instead. But they didn't get the full 4% or +4, they got 1%-2% (for an [A] neb!) and +1 or +2 (for B ).
    People complained and it was reported as a bug, that there are [A] nebs with just 2% DEX when it should be 3-4%.
    And this is apparently Nexon's solution: put the word "Lesser" in the item name so there will be no confusion between "real" [A] %DEX nebs and "trash lesser" [A] %DEX nebs. And same for B.

Beautiful.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    [A] ones are called Depleted.
    mbgkIHs.jpg
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2017
    I feel a better idea would have been to remove them from the loot table rather than add in more keywords.
    HHG1SlicedTime
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

Renaming nebs are intended and a work in progress. The idea is to allow nebs to be easier to identify between grades.

Do you mean there will be a difference in names between 3% and 4% as well, and not just these busted up DEX nebs that shouldn't even exist anymore.
    Argent
  • Agent_DragonfuryAgent_Dragonfury
    Reactions: 590
    edited June 2017
    Removing them from the loot table is a good idea, but there'd still be crappy nebs in circulation.
  • EtrayoEtrayo
    Reactions: 905
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Wait... So they renamed the Nebulites that were broken instead of fixing them?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    [A] ones are called Depleted.
    Actually Lesser Nebulites and Depleted Nebulites are both a thing.

There's the highest stat Nebulite which has no prefix, Lessers Nebulites which is middle of the two (used to be lowest), and now Depleted Nebulites which used to be a different stat entirely but now gives the lowest stat of whatever it is now.

427im1G.png