[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Received wrong gender cash item from surprise box

SpiritSpirit
Reactions: 1,365
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Bug Reporting
I already sent a ticket, but to get my word out more I decided to post this. I bought a few premium surprise boxes and opening one of them gave me Cape Shoes (M) instead of Cape Shoes (F). Now take note that my character is a girl... but it gave me a cash item that's for males. This means I bought something I can't even use. Normally these give you stuff according to the gender of your character. I don't think this is intended, but if it is, I'm rather upset..

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    What gender is your android?
  • SpiritSpirit
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    What gender is your android?

Mine is a girl, she's from the Wondroid event.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Some of the wondroids have the wrong gender in the code.
    Can your android wear any (F) cash clothes? Or can she wear those (M) boots?
  • SpiritSpirit
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Some of the wondroids have the wrong gender in the code.
    Can your android wear any (F) cash clothes? Or can she wear those (M) boots?

oBOiX2i.png

Yeah, it appears you're correct..
  • AventyrAventyr
    Reactions: 850
    edited July 2017
    I don't believe the cape shoes are genderlocked. Usually, if an item is genderlocked, it will have (Female) or (Male). The (F) and (M) just seem to be indicators of what gender the item is intended for, possibly to distinguish between items of the same name.
  • SpiritSpirit
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Aventyr wrote: »
    I don't believe the cape shoes are genderlocked. Usually, if an item is genderlocked, it will have (Female) or (Male). The (F) and (M) just seem to be indicators of what gender the item is intended for, possibly to distinguish between items of the same name.

Gosh.. I just tried equipping them and it worked. I feel stupid. I did kinda figure I couldn't equip because of the gender on it being opposite. Too bad I kinda liked the red one more ;-; Thank you for the info! I didn't know this.