[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Night lords needs a buff

SockerfriSockerfri
Reactions: 1,020
edited July 2017 in General Chat

I'm not talking about damage here because they already do an absurd amount of damage, but nexon needs to remove the 100 throwing star cost from the buff(i forgot what the skill is called) i think its unfair that archer classes gets soul arrow that you can spam indefinetly without spending any resources(except mp) while NL has a relatively low-capped 700 to 2200 throwing star that consumes VERY quickly upon repeated uses.

you need to have high funding to kill bosses quickly or ur fucked. like i was doing easy horntail the other day i was just under the minimum range needed but i knew i could kill him because you get an hour to beat him and then i ran out of throwing stars because the fight dragged on for over 20 minutes.

i just think it's unfair that archer classes gets to have multiple 9999 arrows + soul arrow.
NL turns me off a bit because of this.

what are your thoughts?
kelev

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Yeah id say either increase star cap or remove it but then the point of there being different atk stars will be useless, as well as the star market
  • PermPerm
    Reactions: 300
    edited July 2017
    I agree, its ridiculous that I am having to run out of stars and that more then half of the merchants out there cant even refill my balancing furies.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I dunno... thing is, Archers don't have to worry about the arrows they use. Just get a stack of regular arrows for your weapon and your good. Arrows beyond the normal ones offer no boost to damage.

Throwing Stars, meanwhile, make up a large chunk of Night Lord/Walker DPS;
  • BlissfulBlissful
    Reactions: 875
    edited July 2017
    I actually made two threads in the past on how frustrating Throwing Stars are in the game.

For instance, I simply find it annoying that you cannot recharge certain stars (Balanced Furies) in any shops, and it's extremely specific where you can recharge. Thankfully, I have a Hyper Teleport Rock to get me to places. However, it is absurd that you cannot recharge at the most common towns such as Henesys, Nameless, Leafre, etc and your Android's shop. I think it is a bug, and Nexon refuses to address it.

I just think the whole "throwing star" system needs a slight overhaul. Perhaps make throwing star a type of equip? They do not necessarily have to change the formula for damage, but allow throwing stars to take less inventory space?
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited July 2017
    Aside from which shops recharge stars, I have no problem with the way they are. My advice would be to either use more sets of whatever stars you're using or make sure you stay on top of recharging them before you do anything major, such as bossing.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Theyre getting more crit dmg in a few months