[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When do I fight this infamous Black Mage?

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited July 2017
    Albinorock wrote: »
    You don't. You gotta beat his minions first. But they never die.

Can we take a moment to think about this? Most of the Black Mage's commanders haven't died, regardless of the fact that we can already kill them in boss battles. I know that Lotus, Damien, and Lucid are pretty much dead because of how story driven they've been, but Hilla, Von Leon, and Arkarium aren't dying. I wonder if their boss fights are getting a revamp where they ACTUALLY DIE.

Also Cadena *SPOILER*
    Cadena finally kills magnus in her storyline, so another one bits the dust
  • Player1Player1
    Reactions: 1,040
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Plot twist: The Black Mage is actually level 1 after he broke out of the seal Freud put on him. So now hes just a regular player trying to level up to 250 :D

Lol I was just imagining the Black Mage buying potions at a pot shop:
    Black Mage (level 10): "HAND ME ALL OF YOUR POSSESSIONS!"
    Player walks in...
    Player (level 250): "What?"
    Black Mage: "I'll take 200 red potions please..."
  • XelthineXelthine
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited July 2017
    Player1 wrote: »
    Plot twist: The Black Mage is actually level 1 after he broke out of the seal Freud put on him. So now hes just a regular player trying to level up to 250 :D

Player walks in...

Next monster class after Pink Bean: Black Mage. Play as the black mage as he is regaining strength for the upcoming clash with the heroes of maple world. He uses an Illusion spell that makes him look like an adventurer to all the inhabitants of maple world so that he does not get recognized.

Gief plz.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Xelthine wrote: »

Player walks in...

Next monster class after Pink Bean: Black Mage. Play as the black mage as he is regaining strength for the upcoming clash with the heroes of maple world. He uses an Illusion spell that makes him look like an adventurer to all the inhabitants of maple world so that he does not get recognized.

Gief plz.

You know, that might actually be interesting, as long as he were given a questline that involves him with the Black Wings and commanders.
    They were still in formation by the time the Black Mage released himself and destroyed Maple Island, I could see him going around the world, disguised, looking for those who still believe in him/his commanders. Sort of an "Undercover Boss" thing, except you kill anyone you don't like.
    ...at least I think that isn't what Undercover Boss does... right?
  • Player1Player1
    Reactions: 1,040
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Xenomata wrote: »
    Xelthine wrote: »

Player walks in...

Gief plz.

You know, that might actually be interesting, as long as he were given a questline that involves him with the Black Wings and commanders.
    They were still in formation by the time the Black Mage released himself and destroyed Maple Island, I could see him going around the world, disguised, looking for those who still believe in him/his commanders. Sort of an "Undercover Boss" thing, except you kill anyone you don't like.
    ...at least I think that isn't what Undercover Boss does... right?

or maybe you could play out the whole back story of the white mage; how he came to become the black mage (grand athenaeum), how he met his commanders and made them the way they were, up to the point where he was sealed by the six heroes (so basically kinda like how zero began their journey) and then be able to adventure out the current maple world 500 years later)

p.s. lol the black mage in gold beach, where no one cares about who you are as long as you get the work done

Swanson: Are you the new employee? Its about time.
    Black Mage: Employee? EMPLOYEE?? LISTEN HERE I AM THE GREAT BLA-
    Swanson: Okay. Lets get started. Evil Black Slimes have stolen our fruit. YOU are going to get them back.
    Black Mage: YOU ARE ORDERING ME?! I WILL DESTRO-
    Swanson: I need that fruit back and I know the filthy little Coconut Slime that took it. Go to Beachgrass Dunes 1 right now. I'm going to eat a steak.
    Black Mage: ... Fine I'll be back with the fruit. AND THEN I WILL DESTROY YOU!