[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher problem

PIggyBankPIggyBank
Reactions: 220
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Why is the nexon launcher telling me to re download maplestory again on my pc is there problems with it. It also happen on my labtop too
Shaelyn

Comments

• ShaelynShaelyn
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2017
    I'm having the same issue, I tried using the exact same folder and it appears to be downloading all the files again. A huge red flag, since it has to verify the files in the folder before downloading anything.
  • Celeste123Celeste123
    Reactions: 840
    edited July 2017
    If you look on MS reddit, you'll realize very quickly that you're far from being alone with the issues when it comes to this new launcher. It's plagued us ever since they shoved it down our throats (against our vastly popular player vote, mind you). Some posters have some decent suggestions for temporary fixes to avoid DLing the whole game all over again.

Damn, do I ever miss the old direct launcher. I suppose we have no choice but to wait 'till they iron out the issues with the poor decision to jump the gun.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    People have been telling Nexon about this for awhile they just turn a blind eye towards it (I have the same problem after major patches)
  • SkywritSkywrit
    Reactions: 310
    edited July 2017
    I'm having to download it again right now, woke up today, tried to play MS and I get this update notice and can't play w/o downloading it again... so frustrated beyond measure, there seems to always be something to deal with when trying to do daily quest and such. I really am thinking of just quitting for good....its just always something, the very main thing is...... nexon never comes out and tell us whats going on, how to fix it, when they will fix it, nothing, they totally ignore their player base.. again.... its beyond frustrating...........
  • SkywritSkywrit
    Reactions: 310
    edited July 2017
    I'm having to download it again right now, woke up today, tried to play MS and I get this update notice and can't play w/o downloading it again... so frustrated beyond measure, there seems to always be something to deal with when trying to do daily quest and such. I really am thinking of just quitting for good....its just always something, the very main thing is...... nexon never comes out and tell us whats going on, how to fix it, when they will fix it, nothing, they totally ignore their player base.. again.... its beyond frustrating...........
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    In your settings change the location of dl to the exact folder maplestory is in, for example mine is G nexon maplestory appdata

because as someone mentioned in a post i made about this, if the launcher dls it it will create a new maplesotry file, so if you direct it to locate your already existing maplestory file it wont dl it again.

itll just verify it which will take about 5 minutes and maybe dl something thats 16mb but not the whole game again
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited July 2017
    Have you tried this? This method is that you move the appdata folder which contains the up-to-date game files to the default maplestory folder. I always use the default path because... Nexon.

• Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited July 2017
    the only solution i can give u is , use steam. dont use the new launcher and dont ever download it. its completely useless for windows 10 period. it works fine for windows 7. and yes i had a windows 7 laptop thats how i knew. but with a windows 10 computer thats decent for gaming, the launcher is terrible. i doubt they care enough to even fix their probelms.... thats nexon for ya. hope i helped someway.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    In your settings change the location of dl to the exact folder maplestory is in, for example mine is G nexon maplestory appdata

because as someone mentioned in a post i made about this, if the launcher dls it it will create a new maplesotry file, so if you direct it to locate your already existing maplestory file it wont dl it again.

itll just verify it which will take about 5 minutes and maybe dl something thats 16mb but not the whole game again

Didn't work I had to redownload again yesterday

@Traveler Steam doesn't work for me this is the only way I can play and from what many people say it works even worse anyway