[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

EMS to GMS - what has changed?

CrawfishhCrawfishh
Reactions: 400
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Sup maplers
I'm a long time EMS player (first acc 2009) returning after a very untimely hiatus during 2016, after which I found all my chars had been deleted. I'm coming to terms with it, but am still trying to get used to all the changes that the globalization has brought along.
I made this thread to discuss some of the things you (specifically EMS players) still gotta get used to or find weird after migrating, and to compile some stuff that's just completely different

One of the things I instantly noticed was hairstyles.... EMS had a very different system to hairstyles and I can remember new VIP hairstyles cycling through salons regularly. Now however I feel like almost every salon has the same selection of hairstyles which is a shame if you don't like any of them. This is just an example of something I'll have to get used to.

Comments

• HeyaBabycakesHeyaBabycakes
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2017
    GMS got screwed over with UTC.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    no free character slots, never gona have a perm pendent slot sale or Perm HTR sale, can't trade already equipped NX equipment because no system with ASoK's (or whatever SoK's were used to trade nx stuffs in EMS), as far as NX item trading goes, you can only trade non-equipped NX items from Surprise style boxes, most NX items can not be sold, No Veracent.

You have Access to the Familiar system, Gollux boss and other GMS content that was never released to EMS prior to the merge, Starforce only goes to 15 and costs and % rates are different, no Flames, NPC Matilda Sells SP reset, AP reset, Safety charms,buff freezers and respawn tokens (wheels of destiny) for mesos with a daily limit, server time goes by UTC instead of PST or CEST/CET.

EU holiday events are in an unknown spot since this is the first year of the merge and GMS probably had no plans for these this year so don't be surprised if you don't see the normal EU holiday events like Bonfire night or Oktoberfest...etc.

I think that's all you need to really worry/ know about since you were "relived" of your old characters and items.

other differences/ changes can be covered by the update notes from V in december to OverRide (currently going on)
    Crawfishh