[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.229 On Air: An Absolute Unit Patch Notes here!
Kanna feels terrible to play and how we can fix it
I will concede that having Kishin and Haku buff on hand at all times feels nice.
Minus those two things, Kanna is a chore of a class to play.
- The teleport has a delay, and cannot be cast when low on mana. Really, moving around feels VERY clunky, not that you get to move much anyways when using Shikigami Haunting/Tengu Strike/Orochi.
- Has terrible terrible mobbing. Tengu Strike and Demon's Fury are subpar abilities compared to ALL the classes. Tengu Strike is a 3rd job skill with low damage/long cast time/immobility. Demon's Fury has a 3 second cooldown, despite being merely a horizontal clear. Why are these skills so weak despite being a LOW RESOURCE CLASS? They aren't even spammable for prolonged intervals.
- Minus the Haku buff, Kanna has terrible passives/self-buffs (See: Kinesis). Haku buff only buffs 1/4 of the classes too.
- Low bossing damage, other Hurricane abilities in the game straight up do almost 2x Kanna's damage (while having seeking final attacks and longer range. See: Wind Archer).
- Human Haku is ugly.
Now I get that as a support class, I can't expect to have great support skills, great mobbing, great mobility, and great solo-bossing, but having nothing besides buffs just feels so bad. I don't expect Kanna to be as good as or surpass some of the mentioned examples and other unmentioned classes, but the state that Kanna is in right now for some of the aforementioned areas is just sad.
Solutions I propose:
- Improving Kanna teleport. (Instant cast, for example)
- Demon's Fury cast-able while jumping and no cool down.
- For the next 5th job skill, I think it'd be AMAZING if it was some kind of alteration to Haku, maybe instead of turning into a human, Haku turns into it's giant fox form (as seen with the mount). So it's like another Haku enhanced #2. Additional affects could be self buffs, or have Haku mob like Wild Hunter's Jaguar (code is in the game) etc.
I think this alone, is a VERY cool idea. Current human Haku looks like an outdated sprite.
- Actually I think it's acceptable that Kanna has low solo-bossing damage. A support class should not be able to be a strong solo-bosser at the same time.
Thanks for reading guys. I know this may seem like trivial complaining to some, but these are some things I've really thought about as a Kanna main; the game is very different when you don't have large area mobbing skills, flash jumps, and general mobility. Any video comparison of Kanna vs. another class will instantly show that without Kanna's long cool down skills, Kanna is visibly lacking in all of the mentioned areas.
- Agree or Disagree?23 votes
Agree 74% (17 votes)
Disagree 26% (6 votes)