[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[FIXED] Some NPCs are all over the place

SkyTheDestroyerSkyTheDestroyer
Reactions: 1,525
edited November 2018 in Bug Reporting
Fixed.
Bug type: Map

Brief bug summary: El Nath NPCs (and various others, noted in reports below) since the v186 Override update have moved all over the place into somewhat random areas where they shouldn't be.

Date and time of the incident: after the v186 Override update.
JettLuvsU

Comments

• MasumuneZMasumuneZ
    Reactions: 540
    edited June 2017
    Noticed the same on my character !
    Ign; Saneda
    World : Luna
    Job : Hayato
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited June 2017
    Hey guys

I have forwarded this issue.

• SienreSienre
    Reactions: 300
    edited July 2017
    Adding to this, you can't accept any quests from Nonvon Leon so you're basically stuck in the Beast Tamer storyline.
    Ign: Clairena
    World: Bera
    Job: Beast Tamer
  • SkyTheDestroyerSkyTheDestroyer
    edited November 2018
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

I've added that this is more game breaking than we first thought.

Thanks
    Sienre wrote: »
    Adding to this, you can't accept any quests from Nonvon Leon so you're basically stuck in the Beast Tamer storyline.
    Ign: Clairena
    World: Bera
    Job: Beast Tamer
    One more thing:

I went to the Aquarium and it seems like a similar bug is affecting some NPCs there too:

- The "Have a Great Day Maplers!" Board is in the wrong place and covers the Dolphin NPC.
    - Matilda is floating midair off the platform she's supposed to be on.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited July 2017
    There's a bit of this in Perion as well. Dame Appropriation is way off in the bottom right corner of the map, the minimap shows where she should be (the pink dot with a grey exclamation over it), and I've circled where she should be located, a bit left of Pancho, like in most other towns.

25f7w36.png
    Ivangold
    edited November 2018
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/24319/
    Nexon wrote:
    Various NPCs that have been misplaced will be returned to their original locations.

Bumping this to note that the fix applied in the 7/26 Scheduled Maintenance (quoted above) was only a partial fix - it fixed the NPCs in Aqua Road and Perion, but El Nath still has the Happy Mapling board and Nonvon Leon NPCs out of place as noted in the original bug report.

EDIT: Found some more misplaced NPCs:

- Board is covering Clara and a portal in Ludibrium.
    - Bo, Patricia and the Great Gachapierrot are squished together in the top-left platform of Ludibrium.
    - Jimmy-jack and the Great Gachapierrot are on top of each other in Magatia.
    - Clara, who is always with Jimmy-jack, is missing from the Deserted Camp completely. She serves as a conversion from Waru to Monster Life Coin and should always be next to him.
    edited November 2018
    - Jimmy-Jack and the Great Gachapierrot are on top of each other in Magatia.
    - Clara, who is always with Jimmy-Jack, is missing from the Deserted Camp completely. She serves as a conversion from Waru to Monster Life Coin and should always be next to him.
    These two cases that I quoted are the only two that are still present as of the 8/30 Scheduled Game Update. The rest of the cases reported in the thread have been fixed.