[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

getting on "ok" button when i lauch my game

ardyardy
Reactions: 560
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in General Chat
am I the only one getting an ok button when I launch the game because when I click on it it does nothing and I'm still not in the game
  1. ok button?8 votes
    1. yes
       88% (7 votes)
    2. no
       13% (1 vote)

Comments

• GabeenGabeen
    edited July 2017
    Having the same issue, different computers, different accounts
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited July 2017
    Same
  • peterwongdudepeterwongdude
    Reactions: 720
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Crashed and then couldn't launch the game anymore.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2017
    If you mean you get the following
    iGu2Y9T.png
    I've had happen fairly often with the Nexon launcher. You can use the Steam launcher instead ( I haven't had any major issues with it ). Or you can take the following steps and it will usually fix things, for a while.
    1. Go to your games install folder. If you chose the default settings when installing that's going to be C:\Nexon\Library or press the little gear icon in the Launcher to bring up the game settings and click the "Open game location link"
    2. Go the games folder
    3. Rename the maplestory folder something else like maplestory1
    4. Press Play on the launcher
    5. The launcher should no longer see the game and begin to redownload the game. Press cancel, not pause.
    6. Open the game settings in the launcher and click uninstall
    7. If you kept the file explorer window open go back to it and change the name of the game install folder to something else like Games1
    8. Now open the Nexon launcher settings by clicking the arrow next to your profile picture.
    9. Scroll down to "Game installation location
    10. Click on "Change Folder"
    11. Select your newly renamed games folder. You will probably see an empty folder with the old name, this was created by the launcher, and you can delete it later.
    12. Go back to the maplestory folder and rename it back to just maplestory
    13. Press download on the Nexon launcher, it should verify that everything is in its proper place and switch to a "Play" button again
    14. Press play and if everything worked all the pathways will have been reassociated in the launcher and allow your to play again.
    ardyTraveler5577
  • ardyardy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    hey agent man i love you its been like 3 days i had with the tech supports helping me and you made it so much simple.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2017
    Glad I was able to help. Had to do it again myself today. I'm pretty disappointed that this happens so often.