[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sharing Familiars

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Do you think all characters in the world should have access to the familiar storage instead of having to scavenge for another Big Spider?

Some other features I would like to mention may be the ability to rename familiars (I missed the name of one.)
  1. Should we be able to share Familiars across all characters in the world?15 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (10 votes)
    2. No
       33% (5 votes)

Comments

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited July 2017
    I prefer they bring JMS codex instead.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I dunno about sharing but I'd definitely want to be able to rename my familiars.
    I just realized I could've name all my Xenon's familiars Roo-(initials). I have much regret.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Sure, I'd love to be able to use my Wolf Underling on all my characters...

However, I can't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to rename our familiars. All the good ideas always come five seconds after you click "Yes".
    JettLuvsUIts2Sharp4UPetalmagicSlicedTimeMrGoomba
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited July 2017
    I rather have them fix up the codex first.
  • C00ki3zC00ki3z
    Reactions: 1,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    That would take the farming out at level 80.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Wolf familiars would cut in price if familiars are shared between characters
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited July 2017
    Nah. Rather make other things shareable first. Like name label rings.
    It just doesn't feel right to me to have a familiar unless I hunted for it on that character,
    JettLuvsU
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2017
    It just doesn't feel right to me to have a familiar unless I hunted for it on that character,

Some familiars cost a lot such as Cygnus and the most sought-after Wolf Underling are worth a lot. Would you pay more more wolves for your other characters?
    edited July 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

Some familiars cost a lot such as Cygnus and the most sought-after Wolf Underling are worth a lot. Would you pay more more wolves for your other characters?

yeah but wolf can only be found from marvel (consistently) and marvel brings in revenue.
  • MrGoombaMrGoomba
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited July 2017
    Yes! I've been wanting a familiar revamp for ages now. Preferably JMS's familiar system. I'd also like it that they include renaming our familiars as well because I wasn't satisfied with some of their names. As well as had some of my familiar names censored after a certain patch.
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited July 2017

yeah but wolf can only be found from marvel (consistently) and marvel brings in revenue.

You can get wolf from more then just marvel :) But its like a gamble and you might end up spending more getting it from the other option then you spend on marvel to get it. All depends on luck.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2017
    I wonder if all the nos are coming from whales. I don't know anyone who enjoys overspending on familiars whether its gambling with in NX or overpaying the FM.

I bought one wolf. I don't want my characters to have access to it and some other ones I collected.
  • Nick008Nick008
    Reactions: 925
    edited July 2017
    I like this idea, but how about those people who already invested many hours farming a spider on all their characters already?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2017
    I find this change useful for when switching mains or when you trying to farm boxes on characters (like the Syngery Ring on multiple characters.) There is also Gollux prequest which it come in handy.
    edited July 2017
    the drop rate for the gollux quest isnt too bad anymore did it on my wh without any drop rate multipliers/additives and got the 100+ in 10 minutes
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I wonder if all the nos are coming from whales. I don't know anyone who enjoys overspending on familiars whether its gambling with in NX or overpaying the FM.

I also don't enjoy grinding, so why not let all your characters share levels gained? Or inventory expansions? Or the cosmetic Salon? Or prequest completions?
    I mean, wouldn't you rather have Gollux unlocked for all characters as soon as you do the prequests on one, instead of just being able to move your Big Spider around and save a few minutes of the tediously long prequest line?
    edited July 2017
    Yeah but Korean games are all about the grind
    JettLuvsU
  • MrGoombaMrGoomba
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited July 2017
    Sharing familiars would be a great idea. Though, I prefer that we have the ability to remove them from our codex so we can transfer them to our other characters. That way, if we no longer desire a familiar on a certain character, we can give them to new character to save farming for a new one, or even sell them.
    I would STILL like a familiar name change system though, as long as it requires paying Mesos and not NX cash.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I find this change useful for when switching mains or when you trying to farm boxes on characters (like the Syngery Ring on multiple characters.) There is also Gollux prequest which it come in handy.

Q: If all characters share the same familiar, will the player be able to name them differently for each character?
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited July 2017
    If this becomes a thing, there needs to be some drawback from sharing it with other characters. Like if we add onto MrGoomba's idea of giving them to other characters, but with a meso fee (or maybe reward points).
    JettLuvsU