[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hide your Farmville name

MrGoombaMrGoomba
Reactions: 1,160
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I don't like the idea that when you double click someone, the farm name displays. Which shows for every other character you play on. I want to delete it but I know it's not likely that it will ever be removed. So, can we have an option to have our farm set to "Hidden" so your entire account won't get exposed to other people?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    It's a useful feature for identifying scammers.
    Klara
  • camra94camra94
    Reactions: 760
    edited July 2017
    Yeah people usually identify scammers through there farm name that way they don't just switch characters and keep on going
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

They can always change the farm name though lol
    Kitties
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited July 2017
    No. This should not be changed at all. It is fine as is and is a useful way of identifying people. What will be exposed if your farm name is shown? Do you have something to hide? There's already the cancerous appear offline function which is pretty much only used by hackers and botters at this point and should be removed so just use that.
    AKradian wrote: »

They can always change the farm name though lol

Gotta pay up though.
  • KittiesKitties
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    A lot of scammers use multiple emails/accounts so I do not see that as a reason to keep farms in. If farms are a scammer/hacker protection, we need a better solution as I did not even notice that feature until a year into gameplay when my farm playing friend explained it. I imagine the average player will not take note.

Although, if you really do not like a player stalking you, I would use the blacklist system. Not amazing but should help.